Untradeable

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Which player on your team is untradeable?

A few years ago I would of said Carey Price, but right now I have to go with PK Suban. He showed during the playoffs this past season that the kid can play and dominate the game at such a young age. He's only going to improve which is the scary thing.

He showed some weakness during the Flyers series, but I think he'll work hard this summer to improve himself.

How about you guys?

2. CarlZner

CarlZner New Member

I agree with you on PK. Even when he played against Crosby in the second round he didn't look out of place. He does give up the puck in bad spots sometimes but hey what do you expect from a rookie?

He's going to make Markov expandable in a couple of years. Look forward to watching him in the future!

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I've got to go with multiple players..

As for older players, you've got to go with Holmstrom, Zetterberg and Datsyuk. The leadership they have is just amazing.

As for younger, I'd go with Helm. The hustle he has, and the way he just never gives up on plays makes you think within a few years, he'll be the new leader of the Red Wings.

4. Beef

Beef Registered Member

Apparently this new kid my team drafted is supposed to be pretty good. Taylor Hall I think is about the only untradeable player on the Oilers. Would like to think the other young guys like Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson and Jordan Eberle are untouchable, but in a complete tear down no one is safe, except the No. 1 overall pick.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I'd say Marleau and Thornton right now. But who knows, for the right price, they could probably go. I mean a couple of years ago, I would've said Nabokov, and look how that turned out. Haha.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

On the Blues I would say Erik Johnson, Alex Pietrangelo, Jaro Halak, TJ Oshie and David Perron.

We need to keep these youngsters around and build this sucker up.

7. Babe_Ruth

The Blues definitely have a good young core of players. They'll definitely be a power house in the Western Conference in a few years. They drafted really well after being so awful for so long. Pietrangelo should make the jump to the NHL this season, and both Perron and Oshie will be much improved.

Halak will be playing in front a solid defense.

8. Millz

There are a couple pieces we still need but the core is definitely there, I agree. Giving up Eller was risky but we needed the young goalie to go with the young defense and offense. Ben Bishop and Jake Allen just aren't ready at this point.

Should be interesting to see what happens on defense. My hope is Pietrangelo and Ian Cole make the team this year and show what they can do. Just saw we re-signed Colaiacovo...I'm not a huge fan but he scores a lot of points and he's a good veteran to have back there. Don't like Brewer but he's a good guy to have around. We shall see...I'm getting impatient lol.

9. Babe_Ruth

Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little and that's what they did with by trading for Halak. Eller is suppose to be a good player, but you kind replaced him by trading Rundblad to the Senators for their 16th pick and selected Tarasenko who's nicknamed The Russian Tank. Tarasenko probably isn't ready for the NHL just yet, but he has the motivation to be a star in this league.

That trade proved how deep your defense was in the minors, Rundblad was one of the highest ranked prospects in your farm system.

If I was a Blues fan I would definitely be excited for the next few seasons. They just need to build a chemistry, add a few gritty players, and you'll have yourself a great contender.

10. Millz

Seems to be a surplus of young defenseman on the Blues so the deal with Ottawa made sense to grab Tarasenko. I forgot about him somehow but I'm really excited about him. If Tarasenko was American or Canadian he'd have gone in the top 10 of the draft; maybe top 5. I saw him an interview with him and he said he'd leave the KHL right now to play for us if he could. Me likey haha.

The next step is let Cam Janssen go and keep DJ King. I get it, Janssen is from St Louis, but we don't need both and King is better. But that's that haha.