• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 Until Dawn

Konshentz

Konshentz
Supermassive Games, the developer behind Tumble and Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock, is hard at work on a new PlayStation Move horror title, Until Dawn.

Until Dawn follows a group of teenagers on a trip to an isolated cabin in the woods where their friend disappeared a year ago. What could possibly go wrong? Oh yeah, a deranged killer with a burlap sack over his head standing outside.

"We've been working on this game for a while now, working with Hollywood writers and US TV talent, doing our best to bring the Teen Horror experience to PlayStation. Inspired by classic movies in the genre, we expect that Until Dawn will draw you in with its characters, killer dialogue and shocking, twisted story." Said Will Byles, the Executive Creative Director at Supermassive Games.

The game will use the PlayStation Move in a 'totally natural way', using it as your flashlight, or to aim any weapons you find. No word yet on whether or not you will be able to use a regular Dualshock 3 controller with the game.

Until Dawn will be released in 2013, exclusively for the PlayStation 3.
Until Dawn Announced - PS3 Trophies Forum

Until Dawn Announce Trailer - YouTube

I know a lot of you will pass on this, but I'm a huge fan of cheesy horror movies, so this game will be right up my alley. Haha. I really hope you can use a regular controller with it though. As far as the "killer dialogue" goes, it sounds pretty cheesy but then again, that just adds to the experience for me. Haha. Looking forward to this.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hmm, it looks alright, I would maybe play it. I don't have a move though so they would have to allow the dual shock controller or I won't go near it. There's no way I'm buying a move.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I don't like it. Granted, Move games don't have the best track record with reviews and such, but the concept is there.

I just don't see myself playing it. Looks like it could be a game that is rather short, too. At most I would predict 10 hours max, and length matters, :lol:.

I'll pass, but it will be interesting to see actual gameplay demos of it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Looks like it could be a game that is rather short, too. At most I would predict 10 hours max, and length matters.
I beat both Uncharted 2 & Uncharted 3 in under ten hours & those are two of the best games I've ever played. If the rest of the game is done well, I can definitely overlook the number of hours it takes to complete.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm with Kons, the length of a game doesn't make a good game, the quality does. Journey is one of the best games I have played not just this year, or in the last few years, but one of the best games I have ever played, and you can complete the entire thing in about 40 mins. On the other hand there have been some games I have put hours and hours and hours into that just lagged on and got really boring.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Hmmm... I guess I was shortsighted. Length is important for me, but it isn't central. With a game such as this, for some reason I felt as if length seemed like an important issue, :lol:.

I guess I just need to put that to the side in this case... hahaha

But to close this length discussion, I would be stupid to say that quality is top-notch, but I'd prefer 15-30 hours of game unless they give us a niche-y game such as Deadlight & Journey which only last a few hours.

This game needs to make fun of itself and not take itself too seriously, otherwise the critics and myself will tear it up.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Do either of you even have PS Moves? It said in the article that it hasn't been announced yet whether you can play it with the dual shock controller. If you can only play it with the move will you still buy it?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I didn't know you had one. Do you like it? Do you use it often? I've never really seen any need for one, but if they start releasing games that are move only then I might consider it. I don't like not being able to play games that I'm interested in.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've only had it for a few weeks. I bought it along with the two Resident Evil rail shooters. I like it. Adds a little something-something to it. I plan on picking up a few more games for it.