PC Games Unreal Tournament 2004

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SOAD2k8, Mar 6, 2006.

1. SOAD2k8

SOAD2k8 Guest

Where the UT players at? It's still one of the best FPS games out there, along with it's grandfather Unreal Tournament. Cant wait for November, though, when the juggernaut that is UT2007 comes out!!!

If you're looking for me on UT2004, I'm HOT_JAVA.

2. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I love the game. I have the ones for the Xbox and it's a really fun game. I haved played the one for the PC which is very fun but not real big into PC games.

3. merob

merob Boom!

I'm about to play now.
    I'm IDHK

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I just downloaded a demo and it kicks ass. I hope I can find the actual game somewhere.

5. SOAD2k8

SOAD2k8 Guest

There pretty easy to find nowadays for around $20, but I think that you would be better off just waiting for UT2007 now as long as you got a PC that can handle it.

6. The Realist

The Realist Guest

I still play this game and on free times, I mod it to my pleasure. I may be online but not much. But if you want to play against me, chat with me and lets have fun together. *thumps up*

Oh yeah, I still can't wait for 2007 to come out. ^_^

7. Killratio

Killratio Guest

I doubt my machine will be able to run it.

Anyone know the estimated specs for 2007?

8. merob

merob Boom!

It was a rumor posted on a cheap game review site, but if it's valid, most of us aren't going to be able to run this one.

Preliminary UT2007 System Requirements

Minimum Requirements
    CPU: 2.8Ghz
    RAM: 512MB
    Graphics: Geforce 6 series

Recommended System
    CPU: 3-4Ghz
    RAM: 1024MB
    Graphics: NVIDIA 6800GT/Ultra or 7800GT/GTX SLI

UT2007 Technical features and requirements
    * Dual-core CPU: Multi-threading is supported and should provide much better performance
    * 64-bit version to be available with better textures
    * Renderers: SM3.0, 2.0, possible DX8 renderer
    * HDR supported
    * Physics: Novodex Physics Engine
    * AGEIA PhysX PPU supported.

Keep in mind that these are not official requirements from Epic, nor final. What we know is that the game will take advantage of technologies such as dual core processors, AGEIA compatible Physics chips and Shader Model 3.0.

Thilo Bayer, Editor-in-Chief PCG Hardware, adds:
    As I clarified in a seperate e-mail with Mark Rein, we have some misunderstanding in the term "minimum specs". We mean "minimum specs for high in game detail" which is not the same as bare "minimum specs" so that the game runs at all.

Statements from Epic about requirements & performance

At E3 2005, Epic's Tim Sweeney suggested an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra level card for decent frame rates at 1024x768 resolution.

According to Mark Rein, VP of Epic, Nvidia 7800 GTX runs Unreal Tournament 2007 significantly faster than the Geforce 6800 generation of cards.

9. Killratio

Killratio Guest

I should be set for CPU and RAM, however the video card may be outdated for this :p

10. merob

merob Boom!

Well your about 1 in a dozen. Most people dont own those kinds of computer systems. I wonder why they went so far with this title.
    Maybe they expect the game to stay in flavor for a while.