• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Here's another:

liberal ideas have corrupted society
That's probably my biggest one. Liberal policies, while many well meaning, are destroying this country. This has been occurring since about the FDR administration. Both the President and Congress have enacted policies and gone WAY beyond their constitutional constraints and as a result we are on the verge of bankruptcy and enacting policies that hurt us. These opinions are unpopular because everyone seems to accept and even wants this government overreach, they expect it, they vote for it, they want it. This slow destruction has been done by members of both parties and because of their actions, we are in the mess we are in and will continue that downslide. But hardly anyone notices, they just want things to continue as they have been.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I haz unpopular opinions but only cuz some peeps iz not cool. =/

Justin Biebers really cool.
Skates should be allowed and even in the halls.
Classic music bites hardcore.
Sharing valentine cards with peeps you dont like is stoopid.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Here's an unpopular opinion: I think anyone who does not have a gun, and does not know how to load it/unload it, care for it, handle it safely, is foolish and is setting themselves up to be a victim.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have a few more...

The Avengers was terrible.
Chocolate milk is gross.
Tupac is overrated.
Justified>>>Sons of Anarchy.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
My 'unpopular opinions' are kinda lame but I couldn't think of anything too crazy. Guess I'm either really average or don't have a strong opinion on much. Which leads to the first one...

Being undecided on an issue or many issues doesn't make you weak-minded or mean that you don't think deeply about important topics.

The vaaaaaaast majority of modern comedy films are stoopid. Sitcoms, good... films, dumb. Especially when compared to older stuff e.g. the work of mel brooks, peter sellers, john cleese etc.

Bob Dylan's harmonica and singing voice are both pleasant to listen to for hours on end (unpopular opinion with everybody who has ever rode as passenger in my car, lol).

Having a cold is sometimes a good thing (my reason being that I like to sneeze and sniff hahaha, I don't know why...... hate colds that go on for too long and stop me from doing things or ones that come with a sore throat).

Socks are the best item of clothing ever.

(Constant) conversation is overrated. I am most comfortable with someone if I can be silent when I have nothing worthwhile to say and not feel awkward about having to make small talk... or any kind of conversation that doesn't come completely naturally, really.

Most people with a lot of money are extremely hard-working and dedicated, respectable individuals. I always seems to hear about rich people in the context of fat cats sitting at the top of the pyramid with their feet up...

Obesity could potentially be a mental disease and should be treated in the same way as anorexia. Quote - "if losing weight is as simple as putting the fork down, gaining weight is as simple as picking it up." Which, of course, it is not.

I hate when people talk about the old days as if they were sooo much better, and everything now is going downhill. In most contexts, both on small scale (e.g. GF!) and large scale (world crime and humanity/the evil of humans in general). People say the world is worse than it ever has been and I simply don't think that is true. I mean, just one example of many... how often do you hear about women being burnt to death for being witches these days?

I was about to write "BMW drivers can be really lovely, down to earth people", because my mum drives one, and she is a lovely, down to earth person. However, then I recall that whilst driving her car she is a swearing, rude, semi-arrogant person... so I'm not touching that one :lol: <3

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Here's an unpopular opinion: I think anyone who does not have a gun, and does not know how to load it/unload it, care for it, handle it safely, is foolish and is setting themselves up to be a victim.
I guess another unpopular opinion I have is that I feel sorry for Americans. I pity them almost every single day. I couldn't even imagine living in a country that is so screwed up that people feel the need to arm themselves as if they are in a war zone, just to feel safe. It must be terrible.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Mod Post

Consider this everyone's official warning, guys. Keep it civil or infractions will be handed out. This thread has a lot of variety and there's absolutely no need to turn it into a niche debate. Discuss what you want, but be respectful.

BigBob

Registered Member
Being generally liberal, one unpopular opinion I have that is against the "liberal agenda" is gun control. Using multiple examples, if I ever turned a life of crime and started robbing people, breaking into places etc, the only thing stopping me is a gun. If someone decided to try and rob me, they better have a gun or else nothing is going to stop me from putting them down with my bare hands.

That said, I will probably never own a gun and have no interest in owning a gun. That may change in the future, but it's just something I don't feel I personally need for my own protection.

Another big one is that every country outside of North America (United States/Canada) would suck to live in. Way too many laws, way to much censorship. The only thing I like is how you can say "Shit" on BBC.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I guess another unpopular opinion I have is that I feel sorry for Americans. I pity them almost every single day. I couldn't even imagine living in a country that is so screwed up that people feel the need to arm themselves as if they are in a war zone, just to feel safe. It must be terrible.
And I pity the countries whose citizens allow the government to disarm them leaving them helpless against evil, and against their own government. Thank God I do not live in such a country.

Oh, and by the way, we don't need your pity, we have the right to defend ourselves, obviously not everyone else does.

EDIT: It should be pointed out, my opinion applies to the whole world. To think that evil is exclusive only to America is silly. And this thread asks for unpopular opinons, I listed some of mine. Don't address them, I didn't address yours, no matter how nonsensical I found them to be.

Last edited:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I believe in God, and I find it sad that most people won't admit the same until they are lying on their death beds.

I believe electronics play a huge part in the downfall of our society.

I am saddened by the fact that people would rather bow to popular opinion and tiptoe around hurting feelings than to stand up for what is right and good.

Status
Not open for further replies.