• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Unpopular opinions: Wrestling edition

HabsMike25

Registered Member
Reigns is talented & I don't hate him. I understand fans depise him but their anger should be directed at writers & Vince who are booking Roman. I do agree Roman needs a heel turn

I also cant stand Iconics as their gimmick is the same as LayCool from 10 years ago. They have change rhe channel heat

Nia was brought up a year to early. She still has potential.

Rousey to soon to tell how she will fare.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rousey really needs to stop smiling when she’s coming down to the ring. It ruins her look.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
- Roman Reigns is an incredible talent who belongs at the top but is being utilized the complete wrong way
- Nia Jax getting called up was a mistake and her ring work, both physical and on the mic, is awful
- The Iconics are trash
- The WWE needs to do more shit like The Ultimate Deletion, the campy garbage that makes us laugh and not take them seriously for a segment
- Ronda Rousey will end up being one of the best signings the WWE ever made
The only one I disagree with is the Iconics...we haven't seen enough to make a determination yet.

I hate to say this but Bobby Roode is boring as fuck these days.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
- Roman Reigns is an incredible talent who belongs at the top but is being utilized the complete wrong way
- Nia Jax getting called up was a mistake and her ring work, both physical and on the mic, is awful
- The Iconics are trash
- The WWE needs to do more shit like The Ultimate Deletion, the campy garbage that makes us laugh and not take them seriously for a segment
- Ronda Rousey will end up being one of the best signings the WWE ever made
The only one I would disagree with is on the IIconics part. Well, for Peyton Royce. Billie Kay doesn't do much for me but I think that Peyton Royce could have a really solid future if they book her correctly.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
The only one I disagree with is the Iconics...we haven't seen enough to make a determination yet.

I hate to say this but Bobby Roode is boring as fuck these days.
Glorious Bobby Roode as a babyface just doesn't work. Apparently, they're looking at turning him heel again as WWE officials loved the NXT version. Personally, should've been that way from the start.

Rousey really needs to stop smiling when she’s coming down to the ring. It ruins her look.
I think it's probably instructions from Vince. Personally, any booker with common sense would have paired her with Paul Heyman to give her the chance to focus on her in-ring training. But because Vince doesn't want Ronda to work with Heyman because babyface/heel dynamic - despite the fact that Ronda wanted to work with Heyman, it's not gonna happen. Some might say that Ronda's tremendous performance at Wrestlemania was the result of months of preparation for that one match but even with that long of a preparation, if you suck as an in-ring performer, prep time won't help you even if your life depended on it. So, I think that Ronda will fare very well in the ring as she progresses in the business. What she really needs to work on is her promo work and everything that comes with it. That's her Achilles heel right now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
At times, wrestlers do not really need to talk on the microphone, e.g. Goldberg when he first debuted in WCW. You let your dominance in the ring do the talking for you, and that will get you over. I cringe every time I see her coming down the ring and smiling like a kid at a massive candy store for the first time. Make her have an angry face all the time, and when the bell rings, you have her dominate. I know the WWE does not operate that way, however, I think she would be better off if that was her character all the time.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
What was with Rousey's commentary this past RAW? The ripe for the picking line? That they used twice...wtf was that??

HabsMike25

Registered Member
At times, wrestlers do not really need to talk on the microphone, e.g. Goldberg when he first debuted in WCW. You let your dominance in the ring do the talking for you, and that will get you over. I cringe every time I see her coming down the ring and smiling like a kid at a massive candy store for the first time. Make her have an angry face all the time, and when the bell rings, you have her dominate. I know the WWE does not operate that way, however, I think she would be better off if that was her character all the time.
Actually what they should do is still have Rousey come to the ring smiling but as soon as bell sounds she instantly gets "angry" & dominates her opponements.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's another one:

John Cena is an underrated in-ring performer. I really started to respect is in-ring ability after his program with Umaga.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
John Cena has always been at this best in matches involving brawling. That program with Umaga - especially the Last Man Standing Match at the Rumble - was really good. Putting aside the SuperCena booking that got us all mad - now with Roman - , Cena always delivered on the big stage and this is why he's been so heavily featured over the years.