unplanned

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Unplanned Official Trailer - In Theaters March 29

In many states a 15 year old can have an abortion without parental consent but can't go see this R rated movie without a parent because it shows a fetus on an ultrasound going through an abortion. Makes sense.
My place of employment actually got to see an advance screening of this movie. Open to any staff working in the building.

Easily one of the best Christian movies I have ever seen. The acting was actually good (for once), the writing was good, it’s a true story. Can’t really ask for more.

I think the R rating is arguably legitimate. I do, however think the MPAA shot themselves in the foot by giving it an R rating. (Assuming that by virtue of being in Hollywood they are mostly left of center) That will result in more people going to see than rather than not. If we learned anything from the Passion of the Christ it’s that Christians will go see an R rated Christian film.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
My place of employment actually got to see an advance screening of this movie. Open to any staff working in the building.

Easily one of the best Christian movies I have ever seen. The acting was actually good (for once), the writing was good, it’s a true story. Can’t really ask for more.

I think the R rating is arguably legitimate. I do, however think the MPAA shot themselves in the foot by giving it an R rating. (Assuming that by virtue of being in Hollywood they are mostly left of center) That will result in more people going to see than rather than not. If we learned anything from the Passion of the Christ it’s that Christians will go see an R rated Christian film.
Yeah that's true. It makes it counter cultural.

I like the message an R rating send. You cannot agree that this needs an R rating without agreeing that it depicts a murder of innocent human life. If that's cell matter, it should be PG. From what I've heard, you would know better than me.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Yeah that's true. It makes it counter cultural.

I like the message an R rating send. You cannot agree that this needs an R rating without agreeing that it depicts a murder of innocent human life. If that's cell matter, it should be PG. From what I've heard, you would know better than me.
There are a few parts of the film that are pretty graphic and disturbing.

There’s a part where you see a baby fighting in the womb while being aborted. (On an ultrasound screen)

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I look forward to seeing this. I met Abby Johnson briefly, several years ago. She came down here to talk about abortion and abortion laws Texas passed, regarding the 20 week pregnancy.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought about seeing this but now I don't know. I am pretty sure I will find it disturbing and will start crying for all the dead babies. Really can't claim to be pro abortion anymore. I was always barely alright with it in the first 12 weeks. Now with many wanting to be able to kill the baby after it is born I'm against it except if the life of the mother is in danger. Another case of give them an inch and they will take a mile.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I thought about seeing this but now I don't know. I am pretty sure I will find it disturbing and will start crying for all the dead babies. Really can't claim to be pro abortion anymore. I was always barely alright with it in the first 12 weeks. Now with many wanting to be able to kill the baby after it is born I'm against it except if the life of the mother is in danger. Another case of give them an inch and they will take a mile.
Go see it. You may reconsider even further. It’s very hard to watch but worth it. There’s a lot that isn’t really reported. Even I, a 100% pro life person feel differently about abortion after watching it.

The issue with exceptions is that you’ll always get a pro-choice doctor that will sign off on anything and make it look legitimate and legal.

I suspect if we outlawed abortion at the federal level with exceptions for things like rape and health of the mother that we’d suddenly see a lot more falsely reported rapes and doctors saying the life of a mother is in danger or that it’s bad for her health even when the pregnancy was actually going normally. But who are we, non-medically licensed plebeians, to have opinions on such things? Who are we to say someone wasn’t raped or that the health of the mother wasn’t really at risk?

Either way. I’ve always chosen to look at the issue a bit more simplistically. Killing a baby is wrong and therefore all abortion is wrong. There are a lot of unfortunate cases and tragic things surrounding pregnancy but none of them are worth killing a child.

^sorry, got on a bit of a soap box there.