• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Unofficial AF Contest

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok, this is more of an experiment than a contest, but here are some ideas.

Everyone who wants to take part would find an item or something that can be purchased with a MSRP value and then buy it and resell it on eBay.

Each auction will be graded (by other members) in the following categories:

1. Who made the most money (all auction costs and item costs subtracted from auction final bid)

2. Who's auction looked the best.

3. Who had the most fun. :p

Just some ideas, but I think it could be cool to have a little friendly rivalry going on. Besides, everyone SHOULD make some money doing this too as long as you pick items that you can sell for more.

What are your thoughts on something like this?

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Sounds like fun, new or used items? Or does it matter? If we're talking used, garage sales don't start here for a couple months yet.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
yea that sounds like it could be really fun. I could win on who had the most fun! :D

my auctions never look that good and I always end up paying more in ebay fees than I sell the item for LOL:-/

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I just posted my ideas for the rules. Feel free to say how you think would be fair to do it.

New vs.s used.. hmm. Maybe have one for new, and then after that have one for used?

You can sell something old and collectible for a big profit..

And maybe we should narrow in on a type of item too.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Andrew said:
Well, I just posted my ideas for the rules. Feel free to say how you think would be fair to do it.
Where'd you post your ideas? Are U talking about this thread, or am I missing it?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
LOL omg! Angel I am soooooo glad you posted that. I came in here earlier and read that and was wondering the same thing myself but I was like.....well maybe I'm the only one that doesn't see it...:-/ I was looking all over and then scrolling back through this thread......then I thought well maybe I'll see it later

:cool:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I'm just glad I wasn't the only one Bunny, I was kinda worried about that myself!:lol:

1_ares_1

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Ok, this is more of an experiment than a contest, but here are some ideas.

Everyone who wants to take part would find an item or something that can be purchased with a MSRP value and then buy it and resell it on eBay.

Each auction will be graded (by other members) in the following categories:

1. Who made the most money (all auction costs and item costs subtracted from auction final bid)

2. Who's auction looked the best.

3. Who had the most fun. :p

Just some ideas, but I think it could be cool to have a little friendly rivalry going on. Besides, everyone SHOULD make some money doing this too as long as you pick items that you can sell for more.

What are your thoughts on something like this?
You poor 'tarded girlies! What do you think this is?? and I think if you start specifying too many things you'll kill the cute idea. just play and have fun, Andrew 's right if you try hard you can only stand to make money anyway.

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
My mamma said Im SPECIAL! I wasnt exactly completely clear either... but I'll go with it. As soon as my camera is fixed *cries again* Hewlett Packard said they would overnight a new one... goin on three days since I reported it!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
1_ares_1 said:
You poor 'tarded girlies! What do you think this is?? and I think if you start specifying too many things you'll kill the cute idea. just play and have fun, Andrew 's right if you try hard you can only stand to make money anyway.
Ummmmm...let's think about this (not to hard though) that was his first post in this thread right? (with me so far) his next post which would be a couple days after the first one, specifically says "Well, I just posted my ideas for the rules", now, we were obviuosly looking for a NEW post because it says " I JUST posted".........so I guess the small bus will keep going by house without stopping!!;)