Unlike Impact, RAW is NOT terrible

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll have more to say tomorrow but I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's RAW program.

From beginning to end. Loved it.

wooly

I am the woolrus
It was a pretty good show alright.

Compare it to recent Impact shows and well..... no comparison! Raw likes to include a little wrestling in the show :p

Unity

Jedi Master
Staff member
Randy Orton rules. RAW was great.

Impact rules, too. Not another forum sight where I'll have to defend their every move... >:(

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I figure I'd comment on the whole for this show...which I thought was incredibly good.

Great opening as they mention what happened to Vince and why he's been gone for so long. I liked that they didnt ignore why he was off television.

Fun opening match that saw Orton win a 6 man battle royal with the help of Rhodes and DiBiase.

Beth over Kelly...nothing much here.

Frickin awesome backstage interaction between Orton and Steph where Steph slaps the piss outta Orton. I'd be pissed at him too for what he said.

Punk beats Regal to win the IC title in Chicago. Did we all see it coming? Did it fucking matter? Nope. Awesome match and the Chicago crowd was electric. Fun moment...I am happy how much time they gave the match and the celebration afterwards. They are trying, it seems, to make the belt mean something.

Most people hate the JBL/HBK stuff but I love it. Cena was awesome on the mic as he talked up HBK. And HBK was equally as intense in his vocals. HBK then preceeds to assist in helping JBL give Cena the clothesline from hell. Loved every minute of it.

Knox vs Mysterio. Knox says he doesnt have a reason for attacking Rey...that's awesome. His voice is so normal. The match wasnt bad either and ended up with Knox beating the crap outta Rey and getting DQed. Its funny, this is a nice little midcard rivarly.

Fun little tag match is next in which Cryme Tyme earned a future World Tag Title show as they beat Miz and Morrison.

The WWE editing crew is so good. That Royal Rumble promo deal was awesome.

Goldust and Cody Rhodes interaction? Hmmmm....

Hey Vince, its Dolph Ziggler.

Vince got a pretty damn loud face pop for coming back. The Jericho stuff was awesome with him having to apologize to get his job back and then having to apologize to the "hypocrite fans" and had to get down on his knees.

And of course the Orton/Steph/Vince stuff. I dont know if words give it justice...there was so much heat. It was attitude era heat. I mean what else can I say? Orton kicked Vince's head off.

Randy Orton is the best thing in the WWE...bar none.

Unity

Jedi Master
Staff member
To add to Millz' stuff on a few items:

--I'm surprised that people aren't liking the JBL/HBK angle. I LOVE IT. And it will undoubtedly lead to a great and emotional match at WM25.

--I actually was stoked to see the Goldust/Rhodes interaction. I'd like to see Goldust more serious in the future and not treated as a joke. He's put in a lot of years with the company and his family name makes for some great angles.

--An illustration of why wrestling fans are some of the best fans on Earth: Jericho getting on his knees out of crowd improvisation. Totally upped his part of the segment!

--Randy Orton is the best thing in WRESTLING today. :) Anywhere. That was totally attitude era how he kicked Vince, and I didn't see it coming at all. The slap was enough, and he just kept taking it further. I loved the shocked look on his face("did I just freakin' do that?!"), and I can't wait to see where this goes from here.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Overall it was a good show, I am excited to see what will happen next with the Orton/McMahon situation. Hopefully McMahon won't be out for a very long time again, but we'll see what happens.

I also love the Goldush/Cody confrontation, it was pretty cool.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I also love the Goldush/Cody confrontation, it was pretty cool.
Same as, Goldust is one of my favourite superstars of past (i don't know what that says about me :p) and i'd love to see this go somewhere, get goldust involved in a serious storyline... Sure he's slowed down a lot in the ring, but i'd still think it'd be great to see him back for a feud.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he needs to get rid of the whole Goldust gimmick and go back to Dustin Runnels. I didn't mind him as Goldust when he first started the gimmick, but it's overplayed now and just lame in my opinion. He needs a new gimmick, he has a lot of great wrestling abilities, and he could help the WWE if used properly.

wooly

I am the woolrus
The current Goldust gimmick is definitely overplayed and is pretty lame, but it's completely different to the original Goldust. That's the one i'd love to see back but i doubt it's gonna make a return anytime soon.

Aswell, there's a good chance a lot of the fans that the current Goldust is aimed towards entertaining see him as a relatively new character :-/

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I read they brought Goldust back to be a comedy relief character but the way he interacted with Cody makes me think they might change their minds and have him go back to himself.