Universal Reality

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Nosferatu_Alucard, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Is there a universal reality experienced by all people?

I will keep the question vague for the time being. I am interested of how it will be interpreted.

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Incrediby vague indeed.

The only reality I think we all share is the fact that one day everything we know will come to an end in the form of death. Of course quite a few of us push it to the back of our minds and try to pretend it won't happen, but yet it's still there, a cold dark shadow waiting to pounce and intrude on our happiness. Of course this 'reality' comes with a bit of maturity as well, so the very young are unaware of the fact that every breath they take may be their last.
    Other than that, I think every person lives their own reality. Even if two people are locked in a room together with nothing more than the other for company, they are still living two different realities inside their heads, although the outside world may think it's the same.

I'm assuming there is no right or wrong answer here?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  3. Tainted_Glory

Tainted_Glory Not a Scientologist

Unless it's my answer, it's wrong.

The universal reality is that there is none. Everyone experiences it differently. Of course, I came up with this interpretation after I read Angel's Peak's answer, so I'm not sure what I would have said had I not been influenced by her answer.

4. PAGM

PAGM New Member

nope, its impossible for anyone to experience any one thing in the exact way that someone else did because physically you cant be in same place at the same time as any other person making you unable to see hear and feel exactly what and how they did, untop of that you have to throw in the the said peoples mental states further changeing thier preseptive. I brought this up in my school and they called my crazy. Im not crazy, right???

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

i have often asked myself this question, only to get bored thinking about it too much and give up

i have often wondered if we experience things differently or see things in an entirely differnt manner. i think my opinion on this is that yes there is a univeral reality, BUT we all interperate it differently since everyone has their own ways of doing things and their on thought lines.

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Yes, there is definitely a universal reality. People may view things differently, or even have different experiences, but there is one concrete, objective, universal reality.

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

A single universal reality, maybe. An all encompassing one, no.

8. Nosferatu_Alucard

If everyone experiences a universal reality differently, then how is it universal? It sounds like you are contradicting yourself.

9. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Our senses are the infinitely small doorway through which we perceive reality. Humanity interprets things differently because of their prejudices and what they've learned. If all prejudice, emotion, and learned behaviors were stripped away every person would see the same reality.

What I'm trying to say is that yes, there is an ultimate reality. Humanity just interprets it differently.

10. Nosferatu_Alucard

Are you saying then the individual does not create their own reality?