• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

United States' Medal Count

Konshentz

Konshentz
We are definitely the minority, but I figured I'd still make this thread. Where the hell are you Millz and Viper? Haha.

I haven't been following the Olympics as closely as I'd like, as work hates me and doesn't want me to have fun.

I do, however, check the 'medals count' page over on NBCOlympics.com - seems we're doing okay, at least when it comes to snowboarding.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Disappointed in my fellow Americans... from this forum, not the Olympians. Haha. Tied with the second most medals. Not bad, not bad.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Only the G's matter, right? It's the only thing they are using on the major sites. Ranking countries by Gold first, then total medals if tied at gold.

USA just got another bronze in 2-man bobsled as Canada, once again, shit the bed on the luge/bobsled course. Canada used to be a power house in this event...

Konshentz

Konshentz
I was just using NBC's medal count. Golds are the most important and going by those, we're back in the pack. Stupid Germany. Haha.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We've always ranked the medal count by the well, medal count, haha

Golds are more important but I think if you're able to get the most medals, that's key.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yep, sure did.

37 medals for the US, Germany had 30, and Canada had 26.

Norway had 23 that year...Norway has the most medals in Winter Olympics history. Which is a nice trivia question haha

Oh and before you think I'm just some robot I had just looked up the stats a half hour ago :lol: