• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

United Airlines drags passenger off plane

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its crappy the way he was treated, they could have asked another passenger to give up their seat or better yet stopped them from boarding the plane to begin with. However sounds like the doc acted like an idiot. If an airline tells you to get off you really have no choice. Not saying its right but that is the way it is, all airlines do this, they just don't usually end up assaulting a passenger.

This doctor was arrested and convicted for trading prescription drugs for sex in 2003 so he isn't a great person. Really don't know why he is still allowed to practice medicine.
http://nypost.com/2017/04/11/doctor-dragged-off-flight-convicted-of-trading-drugs-for-sex/

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I think its crappy the way he was treated, they could have asked another passenger to give up their seat or better yet stopped them from boarding the plane to begin with. However sounds like the doc acted like an idiot. If an airline tells you to get off you really have no choice. Not saying its right but that is the way it is, all airlines do this, they just don't usually end up assaulting a passenger.

This doctor was arrested and convicted for trading prescription drugs for sex in 2003 so he isn't a great person. Really don't know why he is still allowed to practice medicine.
http://nypost.com/2017/04/11/doctor-dragged-off-flight-convicted-of-trading-drugs-for-sex/
Just wow! I totally agree that the "doctor" should have been banned from the medical profession and even be put on a sex offenders list. Most people from Vietnam like poker but what he did is totally over the top.
But he wasn't dragged off the plane because bad rep and he wasn't a threat to the plane or the other passengers. They could have targeted any other passenger on that flight.

The only real issue here is PR. The incident is still inciting outrage and more calls for a boycott. It's still United Airlines bad that the flight was overbooked and they let too many passengers board the plane. Also, physical violence was a seriously inappropriate call for an issue that could have been solved by picking another "volunteer". I seriously doubt that all the other passengers would have refused to give up their seats without violence.

If they lose their case then that CEO will probaly be "asked" to resign and if the boycott happens, the Airline may have to sell it's shares - maybe even to China.
Tbh, I don't get why anyone would book flights on their planes. The seats don't even have entertainment systems.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I may take the other side here...

The Airline has the right to remove anybody it wants, it's in the fine print. What were they supposed to do whenever this guy refused to leave? Just pick someone else? That isn't fair to them...he was picked, he's gotta go, stop being a little bitch.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just wow! I totally agree that the "doctor" should have been banned from the medical profession and even be put on a sex offenders list. Most people from Vietnam like poker but what he did is totally over the top.
But he wasn't dragged off the plane because bad rep and he wasn't a threat to the plane or the other passengers. They could have targeted any other passenger on that flight.

The only real issue here is PR. The incident is still inciting outrage and more calls for a boycott. It's still United Airlines bad that the flight was overbooked and they let too many passengers board the plane. Also, physical violence was a seriously inappropriate call for an issue that could have been solved by picking another "volunteer". I seriously doubt that all the other passengers would have refused to give up their seats without violence.

If they lose their case then that CEO will probaly be "asked" to resign and if the boycott happens, the Airline may have to sell it's shares - maybe even to China.
Tbh, I don't get why anyone would book flights on their planes. The seats don't even have entertainment systems.
I been rethinking some of this and no they shouldn't ask someone else to give up their seat just because the doc was throwing a tantrum. Also found out the doc had control issues so who knows what all he did before he was thrown off. It is claimed he tried to strike a cop and he was removed from the flight and ran back on which is when he ended up hurt. I'm really not feeling sorry for him at this point.

Doctor dragged off United flight was felon who traded prescription drugs for secret gay sex with patient half his age and took them himself - and he needed anger management, was 'not forthright' and had control issues, psychiatrist found

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah definitely not a great guy...did anybody hear his screams? What kinda adult makes sounds like that? This guy is a nut.

I will say this though...its a shitty situation for everyone involved. Just saying I see where the airlines is coming from.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Yeah definitely not a great guy...did anybody hear his screams? What kinda adult makes sounds like that? This guy is a nut.

I will say this though...its a shitty situation for everyone involved. Just saying I see where the airlines is coming from.
lol. I know! There is nobody/company in the whole situation I have any sympathy for.
omg I could go to the doctor and get some douche that screams like a girl, trades pills for gay sex, lost his license for years, compulsive gambler...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not sure if true, but if it is...yikes:

@dyllyp
WAIT, these hack journalists dug up the criminal record of the wrong doctor? Everyone's getting sued. Twitter is going to be live tomorrow.
I really wish we could embedded tweets around here. @Mirage

Impaired

Registered Member
I fail to see what his history (which might not be his anyway) has to do with what the airline did. They acted like complete a-holes.

They have already lost $1 billion in company value over this. Well deserved, hope that number doubles.