Unique Mediums

flipflop

Registered Member
Does anyone else use unique mediums for creating art?
I have this thing I do, where I take the skin tones, and different colors in magazines, rip them in tiny pieces and glue them to replicate photogrpahs people want done for them.

Here are some examples!

I have an online portfolio/sales dept. Im not sure we can promote sites here tho? I can PM the link if anyone is interested!

Thanks for checking out my work :)

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
I use pastels on paper, however I use a Magic Rub school eraser to blend colors together, and create an oil paint-like look.

flipflop

Registered Member
wow they are really fantastic,

I used to do so much art but kind of lost it...maybe i should pick it up again
Oh, thanks so much! I get into periods of time when I don't do any art, and then get the urge again and wonder why I go so long without doing anything. For me, it's so calming and rewarding. You should definately start something, especially now that winter is here!

wolfheart

Registered Member
These are really good flipflop,not something i would have the patience for though.
I stick to sketching but have recently been trying my hand at watercolours,but i love the effect you get with what you do

flipflop

Registered Member
These are really good flipflop,not something i would have the patience for though.
I stick to sketching but have recently been trying my hand at watercolours,but i love the effect you get with what you do
Thanks! It is rather time consuming anf frustrating at times! And not to mention the sticky fingers! :lol:

princessbella

Registered Member
wow they are ace, i wish i had the patience for that!

i like to draw, mine comes in bursts too, i can draw really well, but once the urge goes, not the same quality for some reason

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Does anyone else use unique mediums for creating art?
I have this thing I do, where I take the skin tones, and different colors in magazines, rip them in tiny pieces and glue them to replicate photogrpahs people want done for them.

Here are some examples!

[removed in quote for space]

I have an online portfolio/sales dept. Im not sure we can promote sites here tho? I can PM the link if anyone is interested!

Thanks for checking out my work :)
These are exellent. Currently I don't do any non digital art, but due to my health, I have more time on my hands, so I'd love to take art classes.
Several of my close familly are quite arty-farty.