Unique Mediums

Discussion in 'Art & Creative' started by flipflop, Nov 18, 2008.

1. flipflop

flipflop Registered Member

Does anyone else use unique mediums for creating art?
    I have this thing I do, where I take the skin tones, and different colors in magazines, rip them in tiny pieces and glue them to replicate photogrpahs people want done for them.

Here are some examples!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have an online portfolio/sales dept. Im not sure we can promote sites here tho? I can PM the link if anyone is interested!

Thanks for checking out my work :)

ysabel, Nixola and Wednesday like this.

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I use pastels on paper, however I use a Magic Rub school eraser to blend colors together, and create an oil paint-like look.

3. flipflop

That sounds neat! I suck at pastels and am envious of anyone good with them!

4. Wednesday

Wednesday Registered Member

wow they are really fantastic,

I used to do so much art but kind of lost it...maybe i should pick it up again

5. flipflop

Oh, thanks so much! I get into periods of time when I don't do any art, and then get the urge again and wonder why I go so long without doing anything. For me, it's so calming and rewarding. You should definately start something, especially now that winter is here!

6. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

These are really good flipflop,not something i would have the patience for though.
    I stick to sketching but have recently been trying my hand at watercolours,but i love the effect you get with what you do

7. flipflop

Thanks! It is rather time consuming anf frustrating at times! And not to mention the sticky fingers! :lol:

8. princessbella

princessbella Registered Member

wow they are ace, i wish i had the patience for that!

i like to draw, mine comes in bursts too, i can draw really well, but once the urge goes, not the same quality for some reason

9. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I am not artistic, but I am amazed by how cool your recreations are. Very neat!

10. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

These are exellent. Currently I don't do any non digital art, but due to my health, I have more time on my hands, so I'd love to take art classes.
    Several of my close familly are quite arty-farty.