• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Uniforms in public schools?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
What are your views on this?

Should they be scrapped?

In Australia, uniform must be worn to school, and despite hating it so much, I kind of have to agree, it resembles who is from the school, because many schools here are rivals and if uniform wasn't there, other kids would came into another school and start punch ons and whatever else.

snowflake

Registered Member
I think uniforms is a good idea. Lets you know what school the children are from, and makes children look tidy. Also it represents the school.

My school uniform was bottle green and i hated wearing it. Would have preffered a different colour.

Rectify88

Registered Member
I think uniforms are not a bad idea. It is better though if there is parameter for what to where, and they have to wear school pride wear like shirts and things I don't think they should e clothed like priate schools are but within a certain zone would not be to bad.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Public schools wouldn't be public schools if they had uniforms. First of all, I can't imagine where they'd come up with the money, and many students who attend public school can't afford to buy extra uniforms. It's just not a good idea. Let public school kids wear whatever they want and let private schools make their students wear uniforms.

I've never had to wear a uniform. I wouldn't mind trying but it's already senior year.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I hated wearing uniforms when I was in school, I feel that they should be worn in the younger years of schooling, and when you get to high school you shouldn't have to wear them.

dDave

V.I.P.
I had to wear uniforms from kindergarten all the way up to 8th grade at 2 different schools.

I still think that they are ridiculous, what's the point? Everyone's uniforms were so beaten up and ripped by the end of the year that the whole purpose of them was ruined. (most kids only had 2 things to wear).

They're uncomfortable and expensive, not a good combination.

With probably about a month of school left in 8th grade I was racing this other kid out to the dumpster with a big rolling trash can after lunch to see who could get their load of trash into the dumpster first, what a mistake that one was.

The asphalt had gravel all over it... I slipped and fell... from the knee down on my right leg the pant leg ripped off completely, but oddly enough it barely hurt. But yeah my shirt was ripped up on the shoulder and obviously my pants were ruined.

I lost the race.

and you lost the game :D

Last edited:

Phnaxna

I live in Australia and go to a public school. I think it's a good idea that we have to wear school uniforms; it shows what school we are from, no-one can criticize you about what you're wearing because everyone wears relatively the same thing and its just easier. Although my school uniforms are quite expensive :mad:
------
Is there any way to edit my any of my posts?

Last edited:

Skeletokyo

I think uniforms is a good idea too but it would be best if they chose the colors n design in agreement with the students rather than just pick something n " force " us to wear it, i ddnt mind the uniform bt i jst ddnt wear it cz it felt kind of like i was forced to do something against my will so i ddnt wear it, luckily my scl wasn't so strict ^.^ bt i did get shout at many times hehe ^^

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Public schools wouldn't be public schools if they had uniforms. First of all, I can't imagine where they'd come up with the money, and many students who attend public school can't afford to buy extra uniforms. It's just not a good idea. Let public school kids wear whatever they want and let private schools make their students wear uniforms.

I've never had to wear a uniform. I wouldn't mind trying but it's already senior year.
In those cases, over here, parents are given clothing grants funded by the government to buy uniforms.

We wore huge black blazers, grey trousers/skirts, white socks, black shoes/trainers and a black tie with numerous red and gold stripes-or just one red and gold stripe if you were in the higher years. Even then you needed six stripes showing, or the one stripe on the tie and not the knot.

I hated the uniforms, i prefer college since i was allowed to wear what i wanted and i felt like me.

But the kids in my high school have it worse now, they have maroon uniforms XD

Mason

phawq
I don't mind school uniforms. I actually like the idea. What I don't like is when teachers are anal about tucking shirts in, doing top buttons up, wearing a belt, etc.