Uneducation of the General Public

Pianobone

Registered Member
Has anyone noticed that the general public is completely uneducated about video games? I was in Wal*Mart with a friend who was buying Return of the King and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for XBOX. There was a lady buying a console for her kid for Christmas but couldn't decide which one. She was asking the Walmart lady questions, and it was really sad.

Customer: "Does the Nintendo Cube-box play DVDs?"

WalMart Lady: "Ummm... I'm not sure, I'll have to look it up."

Me: "No, ma'am, it doesn't. Only the Playstation 2 and Xbox can play DVDs."

Friend Jim: "The Gamecube's disc drive is too small to even fit DVDs into it."

C: "Thanks."

LATER*****

C: "Does Mario Party 5 include the original Mario Bros?"

WML: "I'm not sure about that."

J: "No... it doesn't."

C: "Ok thanks. Oh, I heard something about how the Xbox can play other consoles games. Is that true?"

Me: "Do you know what a CPU is? Or Unix or Linux for that matter?"

C: "No...."

Me: "Then no, the Xbox can't play other console's games."

Bill

Registered Member
Does the game-box play Xstation games? or is that just the X-Cube. I wish i had a playstation 64...

I know what ya mean. The public is completely unaware of anything to do with gaming. Especially my grandparents. :lol:

Pianobone

Registered Member
Haha. That's so true. And even in the gaming community there is some uneducation. I personally don't go talking a lot about RPGs because I don't play many of them other than maybe Diablo or Dungeon Siege. But it always cracks me up to play some Final Fantasy fanboy in football on the Xbox. They're like, "You're using button codes, I know it... you're cheating by putting some spell on my players that decreases their dexterity and increases their damage taken stats." Then, I'm just like... "Uh...no... I just know how to do this thing called 'play calling.' It involves more strategy than just running the power option 80 times in a row."