• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Undertakers Final Match

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
This is not a thread about spoilers, this is not a thread about knowing if and when it will happen, I have no backstage knowledge of it, what I am interested in however is if it was decided that The Undertaker was to retire, how would you do it?

What event would it be?
Who would Undertaker face?
Would the opponent win cleanly or cheat?
What match type would it be and how would it end?
Would you want 'taker to come out on the next episode of raw or smackdown to give a speech?

The obvious answer to the event would of course be Wrestlemania, it is the biggest show and it is his yard but something inside me says that for a final match 'Mania would be wrong for him, I think a match at either Survivor Series or TLC would be good to end the year with him leaving and for that year to be the final year.

Facing off wise I would love to see one of the following:

Sting vs Undertaker
Goldberg vs Undertaker
Kurt Angle vs Undertaker

Those three are unlikely to happen so for more realism:

Punk vs Undertaker
Rock vs Undertaker
Kane vs Undertaker

I would like to see a clean finish, I think having a win that was by the way of a cheat would taint not only the person who won but also the legacy of The Undertaker.

I would like to be a simple singles match, no gimmicks, no distractions just one on one who can go the distance, I would like it to end again with a clean finish, a simple 1 2 3 finish with Taker defeated, shaking the hand of the opponent, raising an arm and walking out.

I would like Taker to come out on Raw but for a one time only and even then in a short segment, or maybe don't see him at all, possibly have Paul Bearer come out with the urn, place it in the middle of the ring, put Undertakes hat on it with "RIP" on the brim of the hat.

But what about you?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I think having his final match at Wrestlemania is a no-brainer. At this point, there's no real reason to end his streak at Wrestlemania. I would a one-on-one match, no special guest ref, match ends cleany, and no gimmick to the match either.

There's a few possible wrestlers that I would like to see him take on at his final match:

-Mick Foley: They have a history, and even though Foley isn't in the best shape of his life(he's never been in that great of a shape) I still believe he could step up his game for Undertaker's last match.

-Sting: I think that's everyone's dream opponent. Both have semilar gimmicks, dark and unknown. They've never wrestled each other, and people have been wanting it to happen for over a decade now.

-Brock Lesnar: Power vs Power, it would be cool to see Lesnar vs. The Undertaker, and I believe they would have no problem building this feud between the two. Taker even asked Lesnar after a UFC fight he wanted to do it. Only speculating, but I believe we all know what he was asking him.

Those are probably my main three wrestlers that I would like to see him wrestle in his final match. Honorable mentions go to:

-Cena
-Punk

wooly

I am the woolrus
I've said many a time that i think the Undertaker should put over a young talent in his final match. Someone who WWE is ready to push as one of the major faces/heels in the company for a long time. There's plenty of young talent in WWE who could fill this criteria, but i can't see them having the balls to put their weight behind one person that much. Still, a list of people who i'd like to see finish off the Undertaker:

Dolph Ziggler
Cody Rhodes
Wade Barrett
Dean Ambrose (if the Undertaker lasts another few years)

For me, they are the 4 brightest stars in WWE and all of them have the ability to carry the company as a top level main eventer one day.

I don't want to see Undertaker taking on any more Attitude Era stars at Wrestlemania. As great as the HHH and HBK matches were, we all knew that Undertaker was always going to win. Facing a younger star who has the ability to put on a 5 star match will add another element of the unknown to it.

I know most people probably don't agree with ending the streak to a younger talent but... i just feel that the streak isn't important when it comes to Undertaker's legacy. His legacy is much more than just the streak. He gains nothing by winning, whereas a young talent gains everything by winning.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Undertaker's entire legacy is the streak so that's never going to end. The WWE will NOT risk having someone beat Taker at Mania and then having them quit the company and go home. They built up Lesnar and he left. Can you imagine if they had Lesnar beat Undertaker and then he left and never came back? Talk about a waste of time. So no offense Wooly, but no chance in hell would they take that chance.

Sting vs Undertaker is the match I want to SEE the most but I think him beating Kane or Foley would be better for his last match.

Which would be at Wrestlemania.

wooly

I am the woolrus
The Undertaker's entire legacy is the streak so that's never going to end. The WWE will NOT risk having someone beat Taker at Mania and then having them quit the company and go home. They built up Lesnar and he left. Can you imagine if they had Lesnar beat Undertaker and then he left and never came back? Talk about a waste of time. So no offense Wooly, but no chance in hell would they take that chance.

Sting vs Undertaker is the match I want to SEE the most but I think him beating Kane or Foley would be better for his last match.

Which would be at Wrestlemania.
I wasn't saying have someone like lesnar beat him, that would be retarded. Like i said, i don't think Undertaker should face anyone from the Attitude Era. I think Foley would be an AWFUL match, and we've seen Taker vs Kane a million times before.

There's plenty of people who WWE can afford to put their weight behind that there's no fear of them quitting the company and going home. Ziggler, Rhodes and Barrett are 3 clear examples. Ziggler would be my pick out of the three.

As for "the Undertaker's entire legacy is the streak" i couldn't disagree more. The Undertaker has had one of the greatest careers in wrestling, and nothing will change that. Really, the whole "streak" thing has only been a talked about thing in the twilight of his career. His legacy is much, much more than just the streak. He gains nothing by winning, and losing nothing by losing. But if he was to put over a younger wrestler, he'll instantly cement him as a big name main eventer, pretty much forever! WWE always needs to make new stars and this is a golden opportunity.

In my opinion, WWE not using the streak to put someone over is just as pointless as someone like Lesnar winning and quitting the company, because the company gains nothing either way.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I have to agree with Millz here. When Undertaker retires, his streak should remain intact. The streak might not be his entire legacy, but it’s a huge part of it. And in my opinion, it shouldn't be compromised with.

As for his final WM opponent, I’d go with either Wade Barrett or Cody Rhodes because I believe they have the ability and the charisma to hang with someone of Taker’s caliber. It’s certainly possible for Taker to make either of these guy look good without actually losing to them.

Also, I’d just like to say that if someone like John Cena ends the Undertaker’s winning streak, I will never, ever watch WWE programming for as long as I live.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cena vs Undertaker wouldn't be a bad choice though for Taker's last match. It's been a long time since those two feuded and I think the fans would like it a lot.

And Wooly, there was a time back a few years when I would have agreed with you. I thought Randy Orton was going to beat him at Wrestlemania 21 and it didn't happen. If it didn't happen with Batista, Orton or Edge then it's 100% not going to happen with someone like Rhodes, Barrett or Ziggler.

Zero. None. Ziltch. Nope.

At that time I thought the same as you, what a waste not to use the streak to put someone over but that's obviously not why they have the streak alive for Undertaker. It's for his ever lasting legacy, not for someone else get over on him from it. It's just not going to happen. There's a negative 1000% chance someone beats Taker at Mania.