• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Undertaker

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Below there's some spoilers about Raw:

Triple H said that "we haven't seen the last of The Undertaker"

So what happens with Undertaker at Wrestlemania?

Here's what I see as a few options:

1) Punk beats Rock at the Rumble, and we get a streak vs. streak match with Punk and Undertaker.
2) Rock takes the title from Punk. Undertaker returns for the Rumble match, wins it, and we get a classic "Attitude Era" rematch between Rock and Undertaker. I doubt they'd waste two marquee slots on this match (both guys can sell a PPV by themselves paired up with others), but considering their limited work schedules it is something to think about.
3) Lesnar-Undertaker. It's probably the only chance they have to make this happen.
4) Ryback-Taker. It's a chance to push Ryback to the next level.
5) Cena-Undertaker. Can't really see this happening this year. Like the Rock scenario, I think both guys can not only carry a match on their own, they seem destined for other things (like Cena vs. Rock).

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think that the likely choices from that group are Taker/Lesnar (because of the MMA ties) or Taker/Cena (because they'll want to do it while Taker is still wrestling). I'd enjoy either. It's too soon for Ryback to be meaningful, and I think the focus on Punk will (hopefully) be more on his title. Rock vs. Taker is intriguing but if it were for the title I couldn't see it happening. Non-title I could see it happening.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just thought of another possible scenario. What do you guys think of this one?

Maybe the Shield can make him a target?

He comes back once a year, steals a spot on the Mania lineup and then disappears. The Shield can use that against him, saying he doesn't deserve to have just one match a year thus setting something up between him and Dean Ambrose.

Now, that could be very good.

BigBob

Registered Member
I'd say the ones you posted in the first post are the obvious ones. I know all of them except Cena have been rumored for the last couple of months, the one mainly talked about being the Streak vs Streak Match.

I'd like the Shield one, but only if it was a tag-team.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's never going to happen. There's no reason to put The Undertaker in a Tag Match at this point of his career.

BigBob

Registered Member
To preserve him for a couple of more years, it makes sense. It was said that he was in such bad shape after Wrestlemania, that up until the beginning of this month, they didn't even know if he'd be able to make it to Wrestlemania 29.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They love to market the shit out of his undefeated streak. It also puts a lot of butts in the seats(I know, it's not like they need it). There's no way that he wrestles at Wrestlemania if it's not a single's match.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would love to see Punk vs Undertaker in a streak vs streak match but Undertaker as the WWE Champion doesn't make too much sense at this point in his career.

Although I suppose they could easily take it off of him afterwards...it's what I'd love to see the most though.

BigBob

Registered Member
I would love to see Punk vs Undertaker in a streak vs streak match but Undertaker as the WWE Champion doesn't make too much sense at this point in his career.

Although I suppose they could easily take it off of him afterwards...it's what I'd love to see the most though.
What I figured they'd do was something like having him win it and then have him lose it the next night, or within the month.

The problem is, if he was in such bad shape after last years Wrestlemania that it took him until almost December to recover, how will it really work? They could have him win it and then use the Shield after the match to attack him and force them to strip him of the title due to injury, or during the match if it's a match with disqualification.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HabsMike25 Wrestling 4
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 4
sunrise Wrestling 2
sunrise Wrestling 6
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 6