Underdressed or Overdressed

Underdressed or Overdressed?

• Total voters

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Say you are invited to go somewhere, but you really don't know if the dress should be more on the casual side or the dressy side.

Would you rather be underdressed for a situation or overdressed?

I personally would rather be overdressed. I don't want to show up somewhere in just a plain old t-shirt and jeans if the rest of the place is going to be dressed up in business suits or what not. I typically always wear a nice shirt and a cover-up wherever I go paired with some jeans or casual dress slacks if i know it might be a little more dressy. I find that this dress can either look casual or dressy and I can pretty much slip by on either side of the spectrum.

So I was just wondering about you guys... Underdressed or Overdressed?

It really depends on what it is, but I hate the thought of being overdressed, so I'll go with prefer to be underdressed.
I think its relatively easy to dress up/down an outfit, but its the shoes that always gets me if I'm not sure what I should be wearing.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I always wear a button up shirt and clean pants, so I can fit in anywhere. Button up shirts are formal, and jeans are casual. So if I go to a black tie event, I don't look super out of place, and if I goto the movies, I also don't look too out of place.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I usually underdress because I'm not able to judge whether or not to dress up. if they tell me to, I will. I always wear jeans and a hoodie so its hard for me to find some clothes to dress up in that actually fit.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I prefer to be overdressed. That way, you can make the excuse that you're going somewhere afterwards, but being underdressed is harder to talk your way out of. Normally i'll be going somewhere with a friend, so i'll check how they're dressing.

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
I would rather be overdressed. I just hope that I'm not TOO overdressed, that would be a bit embarrassing. Ha. :)

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I prefer to be overdressed. That way, you can make the excuse that you're going somewhere afterwards, but being underdressed is harder to talk your way out of. Normally i'll be going somewhere with a friend, so i'll check how they're dressing.
Hey, I never thought about it that way. haha

I guess I underdress, mostly because I'm lazy. First year for a school banquet, I just went in with slacks and a button up shirt. Most everyone else was in a dark suit and tie. Whoops.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I hate dressing formally for some reasons that maybe more obvious to some than others.

I always dress casually, and I actually don't tend to go to things that require dressing formally... Except for band concerts. -_-

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
Even though I love to be comfortable, I think if I had no idea what others were wearing, I would overdress a bit. I would feel shlumpy (is that a word? Haha!) if I were really underdressed. If I'm overdressed, people just think I like to look nice.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I voted overdressed, but meant to choose underdressed.
I'll always wear something nice and smart and adding the right amount of makeup / jewelery is enough to make me look dressy if need be.
So if I'm unsure I'll dress nicely and add the appropriate accessories.