• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Underated Films

thealigator

Registered Member
Some films are bad because they are. Either bad writing, bad directing or the actors either don't know what they are doing or just don't care. Then again some films a bad but in the most glorious way, yes they are dumb, yes they are stupid but you just don't care.

An example of this would be the Sharknado franchise. I have not seen the forth just yet but so far the series has gone from a ridiculous film that no one expected to go anywhere to become a cult hit that has a series following mainly thanks to podcasts like "How did this get Made" that year after year many people do wait for and do watch.

Are there any films you love that others would consider to be dumb or stupid? What films would you consider to be a classic underated?

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
The WW2 film 'Went The Day Well' is much underrated in my opinion. It was intended as morale-boosting propaganda at the time, but it's a great plot, with genuine drama and suspense, and evocative cinematography.

Another one is Spielberg's 'Duel'. Dennis Hopper menaced on lonely roads by a deranged trucker - who, in a stroke of genius, remains faceless throughout.
He'll be remembered for his big budget classics, but in 'Duel' he showed that powerful cinema can be done on a shoestring budget.

And 'North West Frontier' is spectacular on all fronts. That is well worth seeing.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The Jacket

By no means a great film, but I was thoroughly entertained and thought it was better than a lot of people/critics said.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Underrated? Snowpiercer. Holy hell what a movie that was. It's the apocalypse ... on a train. Go watch it, I'm not telling you anymore about it.

Stupid but great? Eight Legged Freaks. Why? Giant angry spiders invading Hicksville, USA and an 18 year old Scarlett Johanson? Sign me up. 16 year old Merc was all about Scarlett in that movie. You have to put up with David Arquette, but the movie is pure entertainment.

CynthiaM

Registered Member
Equals starring Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult. Almost everyone I come across disagree with me on this. It's a great movie that takes a deep EQ to understand, I think. That's why most people don't get it. It's not action-packed nor is it filled with such mysteries, but it is a wonderful movie in its own right.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Movies & TV 25
AmericanMusic Movies & TV 1
padd Wrestling 23
R Movies & TV 22
R NBA 7