Under-appreciated Cards

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by Turbo, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

This is where everyone can discuss cards that the like the effects and have used or are currently using but the card is ignored by the majority of the dueling world. Please don't just post a card, give your reason also.

I personally feel that Divine Wrath is big time under-appreciated. It negates the effect of many effect monsters and destroys them. So you gotta discard a card from your hand, in many cases it might be worth it.

2. divine wrath is a great card, but i keep it side decked .... i say one is big bang shot .. peopel think im crazy for running it but it helps so much, it pwns goats, plus if u have a heavy in hand, all u do it equip uropp.'s mon with it and wala u can remove it

3. Gotenks1215

Gotenks1215 Guest

Wrath was also thought to be good back when discarding didn't matter, and look how much play it got. Plain and simple, right now, even in the next format coming up, discarding hurts (unless it's from Charity), and most of the time, it's not going to be worth it. I played Wrath when it first came out, and I thought it was going to be great, but I still remember the first day I used it, I went through an entire local tourney without using it once. Card Advantage is just too damn important in winning matches that even a seemingly good card like this isn't going to give you enough pay off to justify using it.

4. l0k

l0k Guest

Spell Canceller

It gave me a 4-3 regionals record vs unrestricted chaos (read 3s of each). Deserves its own deck and more.

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

I actually saw Spell Cancellor deck about a month ago, it was very decently built. Gotta love the Cancellor/Decree combo.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't think "very decently" works.

In my old meta, no one used Airknight but me. Needless to say, he was quite the kick ass card when he hit the field.

7. Staunch Defender is a great card!! Yes I know it is only good if you have a high attack point monster but when you do it is worth it.

Today I was dueling some kid and I played it with a mini combo: Final Attack Orders, Staunch Defender, Gilford the Legend, and a few equipped cards. I dealed this kid some serious damage. I am not a mean person but when you see a cocky kids face go from an "I am at the top of the world" look to an "I am about to leap over this table and kill you" look you can't help but laugh.

8. l0k

l0k Guest

Umm canceller deck runs 3-4 spells max, rest is traps. I remember I ran 3 solemn judgements and 3 horns maindeck alongside Judgement of anubis back then.

But yeah, it's generally stall with stuff like swarm of scarabs and prominence dragon (ugh what was the english version called...) as win conditions.

9. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

prominence dragon (ugh what was the english version called...)its called Solar Flare Dragon in english.

10. i dont think solar flare is a under-appreciated card, its broken in burn decks