Under 18's Clubbing

Bliss

Sally Twit
We have a club where I live called Oceana (pronounced oh-she-arna for those who care) which is for over 21's. All on the front doors and around the building it tells you it's for over 21's, yet they host an under 18's evening once a week. When I was coming home from work tonight I saw over 30 girls walking to this club wearing hot pants which hardly covered their bums and short, tight tops that girls that age just shouldn't be wearing.
I walked past a group of lads and heard the usual "Oh man, I am so getting off with Lisa tonight, innit." and it made me shiver. Kids that age shouldn't be going clubbing and wearing clothes a whore would wear. I wasn't the only person thinking this either. Lots of people on the bus were saying how innapropriate it was and that the girls must be freezing. It is really cold here today and they weren't wearing coats! I just couldn't believe my eyes. There were about 100 people waiting to go in the club and none of the girls had their arms or legs covered.

Do you get much of this where you live?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
There is a club called The Crypt which also has one of these under 18 nights which I used to attend.

It's good clean fun most of the time but it used to get a little out of hand with individuals sneaking booze in the establishment.

I never have a problem with youngsters enjoying themselves only except if it starts to effect others and their enjoyment or if youths are causing trouble.

As for the scantily clad ladies, obviously as a young, hot blooded male, I'm not going to complain, it's always a good buzz to pull a "hottie".

My conclusion would be, that yes we do get this activity in the area I live but I would only show concern if their enjoyment was a hinderance to others.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It just makes me laugh that these evenings are hosted and then people moan about teenage pregnancies. If the girls are walking around with everything hanging out for the horny boys then obviously things are going to happen.
When I was that age we just had a youth club and people didn't dress like that.

I also don't understand why the parents would let their kids dress that way.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
That's society these days though. Parents have lost control of their kids.

I used to enjoy those nights now. Infact I do the same thing now, except I can go to proper clubs and pull proper women.

I suppose it's just a practise for the youngsters to build up to the real thing.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
We have a club where I live called Oceana (pronounced oh-she-arna for those who care) which is for over 21's. All on the front doors and around the building it tells you it's for over 21's, yet they host an under 18's evening once a week. When I was coming home from work tonight I saw over 30 girls walking to this club wearing hot pants which hardly covered their bums and short, tight tops that girls that age just shouldn't be wearing.
I walked past a group of lads and heard the usual "Oh man, I am so getting off with Lisa tonight, innit." and it made me shiver. Kids that age shouldn't be going clubbing and wearing clothes a whore would wear. I wasn't the only person thinking this either. Lots of people on the bus were saying how innapropriate it was and that the girls must be freezing. It is really cold here today and they weren't wearing coats! I just couldn't believe my eyes. There were about 100 people waiting to go in the club and none of the girls had their arms or legs covered.

Do you get much of this where you live?
By any chance is this in Bristol?

I know of it. I also know that, considering there have been several stabbings outside of it, it's not a place I'd feel safe walking past.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We have those around here all the time, I always go to them. I always have fun in them. Personally I believe it's the girl choices how they want to dress, if they want to dress like whores then by all means they can. We also have a lot of clubs where it's 19+ but 18 year olds get fake id's and get in.

Bliss

Sally Twit
By any chance is this in Bristol?

I know of it. I also know that, considering there have been several stabbings outside of it, it's not a place I'd feel safe walking past.
It's in Nottingham, but there probably are clubs of that name in other parts of the UK.

Vallentina

Registered Member
I've heard of a few places about an hour from where I live that host underage nights during the week.

Yes, I do think some parents have lost control, but at the same time a lot of them are clueless. I'm sure that if most knew - they would put a stop to it.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
17 clubs are lame. Well, I wouldn't know, but judging from the fact that it's for 17 year olds must mean it's lame. It's just like a regular party without alcohol and you have to pay. I think it's funny if you walk up to a bar and ask for a bottle of orange juice or something. :D

I need to find time to go to a real one, although I think I need to be 21 for the ones with booze. Nothing good happens when everyone's sober. ;)

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
There are plenty of 'teen clubs' in the Bay Area. They run the gamut from amazingly lame (basically preying on gullible teens that want to say they go clubbing) to rather hardcore (mostly when production companies hijack the club spaces, up the lights and improve the playlist).

Now that I'm 18, I can go to 18/21 clubs (with drinkers getting a stamp that allows them to buy and consume alcohol). So, to hell with under-18 events. High schoolers can ruin any event, no matter how awesome.