• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Unconstitutional King Obama & Media Bias

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I can barely believe the misrepresentation and misinformation being spread by the media regarding Judge Vinson's ruling today. It is really disgusting.

Actually I'm hoping people will search on it and see what I mean. But when I am done playing with my daughter I'll provide some links.
------
Here is a start:
Vinson ruling 3/3/11 - Yahoo! Search Results
------
Vinson ruling 3/3/11 - Google Search
------
http://m.bing.com/search?q=Vinson+ruling+3/3/11&mid=10006
------
Vinson issued the 20 page ruling today after the Obama administration had asked him to clarify his original opinion and tell the government whether his ruling was meant to strike down provisions of the law currently in effect.

In the ruling Vinson is critical of Justice Department lawyers for waiting nearly two weeks before filing a “motion* to clarify.”

“While I believe that my order was as clear and unambiguous as it could be,” Vinson wrote, “it*is possible that the defendants may have perhaps been confused or misunderstood its import.”

He reiterated his finding that the Congress exceeded its authority when it passed the individual mandate and said that because the mandate was unseverable from the rest of the Act the entire legislation was void. He said that his order applied to all parts of the law, including those provisions currently in effect.

He said he had expected the government lawyers to immediately seek a stay of the ruling.

“It was not expected” he wrote, “that they would effectively ignore the order and declaratory judgment for two and one-half weeks, continue to implement the Act, and only then file a belated motion to “clarify.”
Quite different then what the headlines would indicate

Last edited by a moderator:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Quite different then what the headlines would indicate
Except that you're quoting abcnews.com, word for word, interestingly without accreditation. Conspiracy and propaganda double fail.

It's fun to imagine that we have special important insight the average person doesn't possess, though, isn't it? To be the patriotic hero, a Paul Revere of our day, captivating the attention of all with a just-in-time warning that saves the impeccable Us from the ever-changing but always fear-inducing Them? It's almost like receiving a Mosaic-type revelation from God, if you ask me.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Except that you're quoting abcnews.com, word for word, interestingly without accreditation. Conspiracy and propaganda double fail.

It's fun to imagine that we have special important insight the average person doesn't possess, though, isn't it? To be the patriotic hero, a Paul Revere of our day, captivating the attention of all with a just-in-time warning that saves the impeccable Us from the ever-changing but always fear-inducing Them? It's almost like receiving a Mosaic-type revelation from God, if you ask me.
LOL Tuck, I was just sitting down for dinner so I neglected to link to the source. As if that changes how the majority of the media is spinning the story. I'm still trying to find a link directly to the judges ruling. I'm sure it is out there, but it seems to be buried.
------
So I finally found it:
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/documents/49955652/download?commit=Download+Now&secret_password=
------
@ Tuck: I'm sure it didn't escape you that the "ABC News" quote was taken from Jake Tapper's blog, NOT A NEWS REPORT! But why let significant details like that preclude your attack on me as the messenger, instead of the substance of my point! :lol: But I'm flattered that you see me as a god of opinion here on GF.

Last edited: