UNC falls again...

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Swiftstrike, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I thought UNC was overrated as the season started.

Note the team going into the season #1 rarely ever wins the NCAA tournament. Or has a season as strong as the prior one.

UNC lost to Wake Forest. Granted Wake is a good team this year but as I said in the early goings they are going to lose more games than people anticipate.

FOX Sports on MSN - COLLEGE BASKETBALL - No. 4 Wake edges No. 3 UNC in ACC showdown

NOTE: The preseason rankings.

All the teams ranked #1 going into the season did not win the NCAA tournament except Florida (the year they repeated).

NCAA College Basketball Polls, College Basketball Rankings, NCAA Basketball Polls - ESPN

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Like I said, I didnt expect them to go undefeated during the season. I expect them to lose one more game this year and that's it. Wake Forest have a very strong team. Teague is a stud, and he showed it by scoring 34 points. They also McFarland is a center as well.

If Handbrough didn't have that poor shooting performance they would of defenitely won the game.

With that being said, I still dont think this team is overrated, and I believe there going to win it all this season.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont hate UNC but a buddy of mine at work is so obsessed with UNC that when they lose I laugh because I know how much it upsets him.

Is that cruel?

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

LOL I dont know anyone who gets that upset about a team I am indifferent to.

However if its a team I hate (like Ohio State) then I will always rub it in their faces.

Well the season is still young MJ but UNC was the top ranked team going into the season I think they will have a good year but they will probably fall out of the top ten by season end and get a 2 or 3 cede in the tournament.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If a team that I hate like the Ottawa Senators loses, especially to my team the Montreal Canadiens, I'll rub it in all the Sens fans I know. I do it all the time, but same thing goes if my team loses to them, my friends rub in my face.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It's only halfway through the season. They can still get hot and win the ACC Tournament and a #1 seed. I still think they're the team to beat. Nobody comes close to matching their talent and depth.