• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Unable To Replace My Lost Cat

Pepper

Registered Member
Since my younger cat disappeared in early April this year, I have not been able to get a new cat to replace him. I just can't find it in my heart to adopt another cat. Somehow, I still think that one day he will come back; even though it's been almost 9 months. Am I crazy?

Impaired

Registered Member
Don't try to replace a loved one. Just find another one to love. They can never be that cat. That's okay.

Sophia

Registered Member
No you aren't crazy. Our animals are part of our family. We had a cat for 23 years and didn't plan to get another one. However, we rescued one who in turn rescued one more. We now have two.

Pepper

Registered Member
Thanks you guys. That really made me feel better. I just feel that I get attached to my pets more that I can ever get attached to humans in general hahaha. Maybe I just need to wait for some time before I get another one to love :)

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
I am so sorry for the loss of your pet. I have lost several myself and it never gets easy, and we never forget them. I do not believe that you can truly "replace" a pet. I think you can bring another pet into your home to love and share your life with, but they will never replace the ones we lost. You will know when you are ready to open up your heart and home again. Go easy on yourself.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No you can't replace them but its okay to get a new pet. It took me a long time to want another cat, about 8 years, think I have one now. I've been putting out food for a stray. However I don't ever see this cat letting me pet it. I miss a cat sitting in my lap purring. However I really don't have the time to take care of a pet right now. Wouldn't be fare to the animal.

Impaired

Registered Member
Thanks you guys. That really made me feel better. I just feel that I get attached to my pets more that I can ever get attached to humans in general hahaha. Maybe I just need to wait for some time before I get another one to love :)
That's because huimans can be real shits, whereas pets are generally furry love with personality.