• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Unable To Commit

Pepper

Registered Member
I got out of my marriage (of 4 years) about 2 years ago and I still haven't been able to get into another relationship. Every time I think about having a boyfriend, it sounds like a headache to me. Sometimes I really wonder if I will be single for the rest of my life.

By the way, this has nothing to do with the possibility that I may not be over my ex husband. We're totally over each other. In fact, we are very good friends now.

Godsmirror

Registered Member
That's funny. I always thought that you weren't over someone until you hated them with a graveyard passion.

Maybe it's just time that Pepper focuses on Pepper for awhile. I think we all go through that phase where being alone is necessary for our own personal growth. After all, you can't know what you want in a partner that will satisfy you until you know you.

"You're not a mother, but sometimes you wonder
if a son or daughter would make you feel complete
but no, you don't need someone else
you know, it's hard enough to learn to love yourself"

Tim McGraw - Forever 17

Keri35

Registered Member
Only you will know when you're ready if ever. I do think that the longer you stay single, the harder it is to deal with someone again. You don't have to answer to anyone when you're on your own.

Pepper

Registered Member
...Maybe it's just time that Pepper focuses on Pepper for awhile....
Yes, that's what I'm thinking as well. I feel that I have "been there" for my ex partners for way too long that sometimes I forgot to focus on myself. Maybe this is why relationships sound like a headache to me.