Umaga speaks!

wooly

I am the woolrus
Hmm.... I'm not to sure about it to be honest. WWE needs a monster right now, and i think Umaga fills that role perfectly. Having him talk does humanise him a little, which is usually a bad thing. But then again at the same time, if they're hoping for him to be a main eventer it'd be hard for him not to speak at all unless he had a manager/translator.

If they made his voice a little weird it'd work better i think. He kind of speaks a bit too.... normally.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its a good thing, it helped Kane in the long run, and its going to help Umaga as well. I am glad the WWE finally decided to do this.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought the voice sounded too normal too...barely even an accent. I think that's the only problem that i have with it. I guess Eddie Fatu (Umaga) is just too Americanized haha...oh well.

Personally I think its a good move. He needs to mature as a character and this is one way to do it.

HappyFace

Registered Member
Evolution of Wrestlers is something that's magical in wrestling when they define their own character. However I don't really like the way Umaga speaks, I liked it better when he was that monster type, I don't know why they shafted Estrada, that guy could really move the crowd.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am glad Estrada is gone, I was never to fond of him to be honest with you.

It seems that the WWE is giving Umaga another push which is great, I really hope he wins against CM Punk at the Extreme Rules Pay Per View. I think he should get a title shot soon as well.

HappyFace

Registered Member
When Estrada first hit the scene as Umaga's manager I loved him, he's great on the mic in my opinion but they kinda dragged him through the mud.

Bad! Umaga is suppose to have this gimmick of a tribal savage. Not some clearly English speaking savage. They need a new manager for Umaga and keep his English hidden until he gets a new gimmick. =P

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bad! Umaga is suppose to have this gimmick of a tribal savage. Not some clearly English speaking savage. They need a new manager for Umaga and keep his English hidden until he gets a new gimmick. =P
I dunno...that just sounds like he's progressing backwards if he does that. They shouldnt have taken Estrada away if they were going to keep him mute. He cant survive on his own and not speak...just like Kane.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I was disappointed when they took Estrada away from Umaga, he really was fun to watch.

Umaga talking? Wow I was surprised his english was so good, considering all the samoan jargon he'd spout week after week.