Ultimate Warrior official thread

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well it's since it's Saturday I've decided to make two official wrestlers thread. The first one is The Ultimate Warrior.

Now I think this could be a very interesting thread. So what are your thoughts on Ultimate Warrior? Do you think he was a good wrestler? Do you think he was a good entertainer?

Personally I think Warrior was a bad wrestler, he put a lot of wrestlers lives in danger when he wrestled, he couldn't cut a promo without making himself like a tool. But I have to say that he knew how to make the fans cheer. But that's the only thing he was good at. When I was younger I was a big fan of his, but now that I know what he really did in the ring, then not so much.

Thoughts?

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright I'll admit it...I was a Warrior guy growing up. Moreso than Hogan. I loved Hogan like every other little kid but Warrior was the guy I cheered and rooted for over EVERYBODY. I even marked out in 1998 when he returned to the ring in WCW to face off against Hogan. But when you're little you miss a lot of things...like...

The Ultimate Warrior, formally known as James Hellwig, is completely insane. The dude legally changed his name to Warrior; that's messed up. Talk about getting to into your character and really believing in your own shit. Also...

He was a terrible wrestler. He threw a nice punch but outside of a couple moves here or there he was terrible. That big splash was not believable and he could only did his millitary press slam to certain people.

I'll give him credit for one thing...charisma. He should shake the hand of the man who wrote his theme music as well because that Really helped his cause.

His political crap as well annoys the piss outta me. He'll never make it to the hall of fame because Vince won't let him in and I dont think he wants to make it anyways.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I totally agree with what you just said, he is insane and when your little you miss a lot of things. I think when he did that miletary press is when he was most dangerous, he was strong, but he couldnt do it to everyone and a lot of times he would drop people on their heads or another awkwardly position, which injured a lot of people.

He for sure was only there because of what he looked like and that he could get people's reaction. I love in the Ultimate Warrior dvd, when McMahon says he couldnt wait to fire him, thats how bad he was for the business.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

On that DVD Bobby Heenan mentions how careless he was with him in one instance.

I hadnt heard about how Vince fired him in 1991 after the Summerslam event until I saw that DVD. I was completely shocked that happened. I saw that PPV live and had no idea that was going on behind the scenes.