• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ultimate Muscle or Samurai Jack!!!

Which Cartoon do you think is better?

• Ultimate Muscle:Kinnikuman Legacy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samurai Jack

• Don't know either of these shows

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SamSim

Registered Member
I enjoy the gorgeous scenery, the excellent pacing (often they feel no need to have any dialogue for minutes at a time - but it works) and the action sequences. In SJ.

I've seen enough of UM to think "bleh, Americanized, and revolves around wrestling", two of my least favourite things.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Not another person who dislikes wrestling. But it doesn't matter to me anymore.

SJ is good in some ways, the scenery, the motives and the background features. But I can't help liking UM even more.

btw, what time does SJ come on these days?

Sword_Hunter

Registered Member
I agree Samurai Jack sucks and Ultimate Muscle Rules.

SamSim

Registered Member
He's English. He wouldn't understand.
Pick whichever offends you to the extent you desire

1) Harsh
2) What's not to understand about wrestling, the simplest thing since vacuum?
3) Stop trying to use my nationality as an insult
4) I'll take that as a compliment, yeah, all English people are much too smart to watch wrestling
5) DETERMINISTIC FLAME!!

Anyway the reason I always found wrestling tedious is that there's only so many times you can watch a big muscly guy in spandex shout into a microphone and then punch another big muscly guy in spandex in the face. Also while it's not strictly speaking fake it is choreographed to a significant extent and the wrestlers aren't actually beating each other up. And even if THIS were the case I've never found much entertainment in gratuitous violence anyway. The whole exercise seems like a no-brainer. Punch. Kick. Punch. Throw. Pin.

I've never given much time to Ultimate Muscle but since 1) it's wrestling and 2) the character designs stink, I don't think it stands a particularly good chance of impressing me in any case. And there's that whole shouting-the-attack-while-you-do-it business. Doesn't appeal to me. To be fair the one bit of it I have seen made me laugh: the guy's like "Get me the next wrestler!" "Well, uh, you see, he was meditating under a waterfall, to get in the zone for this fight, you know, when a piece of driftwood landed on his head." "Well then get me the runner-up!" "Actually, he, uh, well, he was eating his lunch when... Never saw it coming. Driftwood." *clonk*

So anyway, I probably invited a whole lot of flame there. 8)

Sword_Hunter

Registered Member
I dissagree with every little pice of crap that you said!!!!

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I think you should stop disagreeing and start typing something that makes sense.

Sam I don't think Vega meant to annoy you.