UK students punished for refusing to pray to Allah

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Nevyrmoore, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Schoolboys punished with detention for refusing to kneel down and pray to Allah | Mail Online

Okay, what the fuck? That grandfather has it right, if they forced someone else to pray to God, there'd be a large fucking outrage, but a couple of Brits refuse something similar? "Fuck you whitey, you're being disrespectful"?

Three words, fuck. That. Shit.

2. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Dude, not to be disrispectful or anything but you couldn't make me pray to Allah if you put a gun to my head and threatened to pull the trigger.

I remember praying at the end of the day at junior school when i didn't know better, but to do it at that age when people have the right to choose their own religion is...disgusting!

I was gonna make a terroist comment/joke but not all muslims are terrorists.

3. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

This story has media spin all over it. (its in the Dailyfail for starters)

I honestly doubt they are being forced to pray to Allah. Emulating something for educational purposes is a lot different to forcing religion onto someone. It is worrying that this is not blatantly obvious.

The UK education system allows parental discretion regarding religious education. If the parents don't want their children to receive Religious Education there is no reason why they can not have the children removed from those classes. Religious education class is not compulsory and they should of realised that their kids would be taught about other religions sometimes by practical methods.

When I received R.E. I had to learn the 10 commandments and the Lords prayer, it did not make me anymore Christian reciting them. Whilst in French class I had to adorn a berret and learn La Marseillaise (Aux armes citoyens, formez vous battalions:)), it did not make me anymore French. When I was really young I even remember dressing up as a Viking for a history class but did not go as far as raping and pillaging the town!

Copying, imitating and acting out is a proven teaching method, just because the subject is Islam is no exception. The school has done little wrong in my eyes, it is the parents choice to if the children should be taught religion and it is the teachers responsibility to teach it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  4. Pugz

RE isn't optional, just the GCSE exam.

Imitation is not part of RE, when i learnt about Islam i learnt about the 5 pillars and some things in the ka-ran and that was it; i was never told to kneel west and pray to some god i don't believe in and if i was i'd tell them to fuck off. If Islams were told to imitate Christan prayer they would kick off and the teacher would be labeled a racist.

5. Tainted_Glory

Tainted_Glory Not a Scientologist

Wait, so you're telling me that you can put a viking suit on and NOT rape and pillage the town? Absurd.

Being a little serious here... Even trying to make me act out praying to Allah is punishable by a swift kick to the teeth. From me. I don't know how Brits take care of their religious zealots, but that's how I do it. And it works pretty well.

6. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

If a parent asks the school to remove their child from religious education the school must abide. It is optional for the child at 14 before then it is at the parents discretion. RE is not a part of the National curriculum.

You fail to see the point that they are not being asked to pray to some god they dont believe in.

Emulating something is not praying in the slightest. If they were being forced to pray they would be frog marched down the local mosque six times a day whilst having Sharia law imposed on them, if they learnt this in class they would realize this! Getting on ones knees whilst facing Mecca and reciting some verses is not praying, praying comes from the heart and soul of a person, it comes from belief and is more than just actions and words.

You base this assumption on what? ... the same principle that this newspaper and yourself is doing the exact thing you assume they would.

7. Pugz

Schools will not remove students from a lesson because that will leave a gap in the timetable, and they don't want to be liable if something should happen to that student during those 50mins or so

You're right, they're being told and threatened with detention.

THAT ^ And i went to a school where the whites were out numbered by the Islams and Muslims, you say ANYTHING-make an opinion about their religion and you were labeled a racist and beaten up after school.

8. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

Heh, nice to live in a 97% white town.

Sure, it may have been a practical method of explaining how it was done, but I don't see why the students would have to do it. Shouldn't a volunteer or the professor doing it be enough? It kind of sucks to see British land being pretty much overrun with Islamic people, kind of throws off a culture.

9. Pugz

It's sickening to be honest and most of us can see a civil war breaking out between us and them.

Yorkshire, where i live, has one of the biggest mosques outisde of London...up the road in Bradford...

10. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

That's what I fear more than anything.

I've never heard a British native say, "I just love all my new Islamic neighbors!"