Ugh!

kromsales

Registered Member
Someone bid up my auction to out bid Golden Palace. Got me all excited..then cancelled bid :( Why would they do this?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Because some people are jerks. (They could have really entered the wrong amount, but if so they why haven't they bid again? The world will never know...) Anyone who bids without intending to pay deserves to be booted from eBay for life. I am so sick of that.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Looks like their bid was only $400. It's safe to say you will get more than that anyway. Just wait and see. :)

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
I am sorry to hear that!! I hope that doesn't happen anymore! I am going to check out your Auctions and put them on my watch list! :)

kromsales

Registered Member
Forehead Guy said:
Because some people are jerks. (They could have really entered the wrong amount, but if so they why haven't they bid again? The world will never know...) Anyone who bids without intending to pay deserves to be booted from eBay for life. I am so sick of that.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Looks like their bid was only $400. It's safe to say you will get more than that anyway. Just wait and see. :)
I hope so. But now someone with 0 feedback is bidding...dont want to have it turn into a bunch of fake bids KWIM? Can I cancel them If I think they are fake or should I let them be?

Msbabedoll said:
I am sorry to hear that!! I hope that doesn't happen anymore! I am going to check out your Auctions and put them on my watch list! :)
Thanks! I will do same for you!! :) I think i did already but will check and make sure LOL

Last edited:

Marys454BB

Premium Member
They do that all the time, Someone told me that they do that to get their name in a high profile auction list so people will look at their auctions.

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
I already had added you too.............I TOLD YA"LL I WAS DITZI........lol........

kromsales

Registered Member
Marys454BB said:
They do that all the time, Someone told me that they do that to get their name in a high profile auction list so people will look at their auctions.
Ahh that makes sense. I dont know that I ever would have thought of doing that LOL The zero feedback stopped bidding so I feel much better now LOL

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I bid on high profile auctions for this same reason, BUT, it's not a bad reason if you intend to pay. Heck why else do you think Golden Palace bids on this stuff? To get their name out. I have never and will never bid on an auciton without intending to pay if I win. I have never retracted a bid in my entire life. If my name shows up in your auction, you can rest assured that I will pay should I be the winning bidder at my bid price.

I think allowing people to retract their bids whenever they want is stupid. People should have 5 minutes to review their bid, and then retract it WITHIN 5 minutes of listing it.

I had someone do this to my first forehead auction and WIN! That made my day.. Yeah right. I have since left an interesting tidbit on his feedback page. :) Maybe that will teach him to try that again!

SamusAran86

Registered Member
They might have been trying to attach there name to the auction thinking that GP had a higher bid on it. It just goes to prove that people do try anything to get themselves out there