• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ugh!

trees

Registered Member
I think it would be cool to know that something I created brought so much excitement to people, but I would not sign or have my child sign any cards. If you would not like to sell a signed card for your self, or dont feel the need for extra income at the time. maybe you could have him sign one and sell it and donate the proceeds to a great charity!

Like me! naaaaaaaaa just kidding, but it would be a great way to help others! By the way, I loved your auction!

1_ares_1

Registered Member
Who put these cards out anyway? Did this person or company have permission to use all these pictures and auctions? Did they compensate any of you for being part? I think I would have a big problem with someone, ANYONE, making money off me without my consent. Just a thought. I know some of these auctions are copywrited. There is a reason for that. Are these card sellers ripping people off with these? Just doesn't seem right to me.

Marys454BB

Premium Member
Nightsurfer said:
Hi all. Mary If you decide to sell the autographed cards you will need to do the following.

First take a pic of you or your son signing the card.

Only sell a limited number of them (even ending number only 10,50,100)

Next make out a card with the title of the signed card and who signed it and what the date is,and what the card Number is (1-25 or so)

Place the card # under the sig and put the following 1 of 25 .
Be sure the number is visible.

By following these simple steps you have just created a COA for the card.

**Before you sign them practice your sig,make it unique as so it can't be coppied**

If you need more help just let me know. I write COAs all day and can show you how to make one for your cards..

Good luck ~Night~
"if" I decided to go ahead with it there's only going to be 1 sold on ebay. And 1 signed by my son for a keepsake for himself.
I'm sure I'll be needing help with it "if" I do it.. notice I keep saying if? I don't need my panic attacks to set in again....lol
I'll let everyone know next Sunday night for sure what I'm going to do.

1_ares_1 said:
Who put these cards out anyway? Did this person or company have permission to use all these pictures and auctions? Did they compensate any of you for being part? I think I would have a big problem with someone, ANYONE, making money off me without my consent. Just a thought. I know some of these auctions are copywrited. There is a reason for that. Are these card sellers ripping people off with these? Just doesn't seem right to me.
Ebay gave out the card at the ebay live thing.. A nice lady gave me one after she tracked me down for 25 cents. Other people are selling them saying they are hard to get. I don't see the harm in it. They aren't saying the created the cards or anything so no copyright problems.
I'm glad I found a few to get anyway. :)

Last edited:

1_ares_1

Registered Member
Hmmmm... Well I guess since they were souvenirs and they werent created to make $$ off other peoples creativity, I wouldn't mind. If, on the other hand they HAD been created solely for profit of a single person or company, I would have a HUGE problem with that. Wouldn't you?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Read the eBay agreement. By selling on eBay, you agree that eBay can use your auction text and images for marketing purposes for free. That's why I put copyright on all of my stuff. Makes it a bit trickier for them to get around.