• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

UFO's

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
You are getting your terms confused, but again it is just semantics. If you know it is a meteorite then it is not a UFO. A UFO is unknown by definition.
Well we don't even know if it is a meteorite until we find what landed or not. Its unidentified by definition.

Raos;932871Which part of my statement do you doubt? You do not make that clear with your post. [/quote said:
The whole part that alien life as we feel exists.

Regardless, this is all speculation until we know the truth. Speculation is never good. Leads us further away from the truth, I think.

Raos

Registered Member
Well we don't even know if it is a meteorite until we find what landed or not. Its unidentified by definition.
That is not true. We can determine what things are by visual inspection while it is still in the sky. It does not need to land before we can find out. Regardless, UFO's exist by definition. If anyone has ever seen something flying that they could not identity then that is a UFO. Plenty of people have seen things in the air that they did not know what they were so those were all UFO's. They may be weather balloons or planes or animals or clouds or any number of other things, but until they are "identified" then they are unidentified and thus Unidentified Flying Objects.
------
Regardless, this is all speculation until we know the truth. Speculation is never good. Leads us further away from the truth, I think.
How do you think you get to the truth without speculation? What do you think hypothesis are? They are speculation. How does that lead us further from the truth?

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Given the size of the universe and the number of stars/planets I find it odd that there wouldn't be intelligent life somewhere. As far as them visiting the Earth or not I disagree that there isn't any evidence that they haven't, only that the evidence doesn't seem convincing to some, myself included. But I wouldn't be shocked if that evidence becomes more convincing and we actually have been visited by them.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Given the size of the universe, yes of course there probably is intelligent life elsewhere. Also given the size of the universe, unless said intelligent life has discovered how to change the laws of physics, or live for hundreds of years, it's not likely that they have visited us. They're just too far away. What did it take Voyager, like 12 years to reach Neptune?

Raos

Registered Member
Also given the size of the universe, unless said intelligent life has discovered how to change the laws of physics, or live for hundreds of years, it's not likely that they have visited us. They're just too far away.
That is also assuming that they are not a nomadic type of life form. They would be traveling from star to star for generations upon generations. They could take 100 million years to get to Earth and only have a lifespan of 20 days as long as they continue to reproduce on the way.

ancredelamour

Registered Member
my moms boyfriend spends all his free time looking online at the most recent ufo sightings and he's on weird ufo forums and is always outside looking for ufo's, im not shitting you, he's real serious about it. i don't know what to think about ufo's

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Given the size of the universe, yes of course there probably is intelligent life elsewhere. Also given the size of the universe, unless said intelligent life has discovered how to change the laws of physics, or live for hundreds of years, it's not likely that they have visited us. They're just too far away. What did it take Voyager, like 12 years to reach Neptune?
But you're applying the laws of physics as they apply to human beings. It's possible that a lifeform could travel as much faster speeds than we can. It's possible a trip to Neptune could take them a week for example.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
But you're applying the laws of physics as they apply to human beings. It's possible that a lifeform could travel as much faster speeds than we can. It's possible a trip to Neptune could take them a week for example.
That blows my mind. I don't think I could smoke enough weed to be able to wrap my brain around that concept.

Dabs

Registered Member
Given the size of the universe and the number of stars/planets I find it odd that there wouldn't be intelligent life somewhere. As far as them visiting the Earth or not I disagree that there isn't any evidence that they haven't, only that the evidence doesn't seem convincing to some, myself included. But I wouldn't be shocked if that evidence becomes more convincing and we actually have been visited by them.
I agree with your statement and I understand what you are saying, I was kind of wondering what makes you say they are "intelligent" life??
Maybe they are dumbasses, I mean that sincerely...how will we ever know, if we are to ever know, if they are intelligent things??
And I know you are not the only one who calls them 'intelligent life'...I see media doing it all the time.
I guess on further thought, we must assume they are intelligent, for how else would they be flying around amongst the skies??

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree with your statement and I understand what you are saying, I was kind of wondering what makes you say they are "intelligent" life??
Maybe they are dumbasses, I mean that sincerely...how will we ever know, if we are to ever know, if they are intelligent things??
And I know you are not the only one who calls them 'intelligent life'...I see media doing it all the time.
I guess on further thought, we must assume they are intelligent, for how else would they be flying around amongst the skies??
When I say intelligent life I mean something more than say a collection of cells. I'm not saying intelligent in relation to us, they could be smarter or dumber, I just mean more than an ameoba for example.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Ideas & Support 5