• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Multi-Console UFC Undisputed 3

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So, I never picked up a UFC game despite really wanting to give them a try. I'm a casual fan but after loving the Fight Night games I thought that MMA would be even more fun. I'm considering this game, but really on the fence.

Has anyone played/bought it? Anyone interested? It got a pretty good review on Gamespot.com, which I'll post below. The review states that there are some improvements in a couple of submission mechanics, less of a focus on sponsors and stat distribution, more of a focus on physical training.

UFC Undisputed 3 - Video Review - GameSpot.com

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
It's the best UFC game that they've made to date and I'd definitely recommend it. I played the shit out of it and my buddy and I do a ton of Pride Tournaments, spent about 6 hours doing 16-man tournaments. I ran threw an entire career already one day when I was bored.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have the second one for PS3 and it's not as fun as I thought it would be. By the commercials I've seen, I'd say this one looks more entertaining, but I can't know for sure. Bob, pretty much likes all the games I enjoy, so, I do believe him when he says it's fun.

It's something I'm interesting in playing, that's for sure.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Bob, does the game have good replay value? Or do the matches ever get monotonous?

Konshentz

Konshentz
It's definitely better than 2010. I've only played a few hours, but I've seen a bunch of things that they've fixed. I'm sure it can get boring after a while, but that can probably be said about every game. If you're a fan of the UFC or fighting games, I'd say it's a good game to pick up.

BigBob

Registered Member
You'll have times when you get taken to the ground and can't do much because of how good of a wrestler some of the fighters are, but it's one of those fighting games what one slip up (as long as you're on the right level) could mean the end of a fight. If you think you're just going to dominate everyone, you're wrong. I beat the shit out of Cub Swanson and the next fight I had with him, I got destroyed.

One thing I love about the game is the Pride fighting. I could care less what's going on in the ring because the announcers are just amazing.

I'd say it has really good replay value.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I, too, own it... and I love it. It's easily the most accessible game of the three, and the best. It builds on top of some of the poor mechanics involved with the previous two and adds many new things. I would recommend it to any UFC fan as well, but in all honesty, if you don't know what's going on, then don't get it.