• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

UFC 199

EdgeHead

Registered Member
So, a huge night for UFC with many bombshells.

First, we have a NEW UFC Middleweight Champion as Michael Bisping knocked out Luke Rockhold to claim his title at 3:36 of the 1st round. Bisping took the fight at 2 weeks notice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the 2nd time in a very short span that a fighter taking a fight in short notice pulls off the upset, the other being Nick Diaz when he submitted Conor McGregor.

But THE other bombshell: The Beast is Back. Brock Lesnar will fight at UFC 200, despite being under WWE contract. WWE stated that they allowed Lesnar to fight on July 9 and is scheduled to compete at Summerslam on August 21 as well.

The most rumored name popping up to face Lesnar right now is Mark Hunt.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
CM Punk should be his opponent.

That would break every buy-rate record they have.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Well, since CM Punk is a middleweight, we know this ain't gonna happen. Personally, the best chance Brock has is against Bigfoot Silva. Despite struggling in his last few fights, I think he still is somewhat of a draw you can put against Brock that would give him a legit chance of winning. If I look everywhere else in the division, it's more risky because all heavyweights have some KO power and the risk of Brock suffering a concussion following a knockout is very real. Which would also jeopardize whatever WWE will want to do with him at Summerslam.

I'm also curious to see what will be the return for WWE in this one. Could we finally have Conor McGregor making a Wrestlemania appearance? Or at least, UFC promoting Summerslam in Brooklyn?