• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

UFC 196

EdgeHead

Registered Member
First of all, Rafael dos Anjos out of UFC 196 due to a broken foot.

Or maybe Dos Anjos realized that Conor McGregor would actually kill him and did the smart move.

Guess what? 48 hours after competing at UFC Fight Night, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone wants to step in to face Conor. That man is a freaking machine.

I guess that now, Holly Holm vs Miesha Tate gets bumped up in the main event slot?

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
First of all, Rafael dos Anjos out of UFC 196 due to a broken foot.

Or maybe Dos Anjos realized that Conor McGregor would actually kill him and did the smart move.
Nah, you'd be surprised how easily that shit can happen in training. Imagine doing regular thai kicks to the leg with a sparring partner when, for whatever reason, they lift and turn their knee to that side outward and the foot meets the knee cap.

Broken foot.

I don't know exactly what happened of course, but it happens. Way more easily than you'd think. You have to have really good training partners at all stages of MMA both for injury prevention and to make sure you're actually making progress (not just tricking yourself into thinking you are). It's rough.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Nate Diaz is replacing Rafael Dos Anjos for UFC 196.

And as expected, we got quite the verbal joust at the press conference earlier today!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Diaz is crazy. Accused every UFC fighter of using steroids. Connor did to kind to that accusation. I hope McGregor destroys him Diaz – can’t stand the guy.

BigBob

Registered Member
I can't wait to watch McGregor destroy Diaz. The Diaz's always annoyed me, not because of their trash talking, but because of them crying after every loss how they won but they obviously got dominated the whole fight.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Join the club, man. I hate the Diaz's too. I'm hoping for a total destruction by Conor next week.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
So, 2 MAJOR upsets tonight.

Miesha Tate choked out Holly Holm in the 5th round to become the new UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion. She almost did her in in Round 2 but Holly was able to escape that time.

Nate Diaz made Conor McGregor tap out in the 2nd round of the main event....Amazing for a man that took the fight on 11-day notice. Like I said, I hate the Diaz boys but you cannot show disrespect to Nate after tonight. And on the other end, maybe Conor will realize he isn't Superman and will now stick to the featherweight division.

Deep inside, Dana White is bawling like a baby seeing his 2 golden geese being dismantled in the span of 6 months.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rousey will be waiting a while for that rematch, it seems. Unless they bore us with Rousey-Tate again and hope Holm will await the winner.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I'm glad both Tate and Diaz won.

Maybe now we'll forget about Holm and Rousey and by the time they fight it will be no big deal. I really hated seeing people getting carried away with the hype and letting their ugly sides come out when Rousey lost. Don't really care about her about a person. I'd rather just see her win as much as she can and leave her alone if she loses. She's just another fighter at the end of the day. No big whoop. It's good she's not invincible.

Love that Diaz won too because again, I don't get why people would have an issue with him. You need to have an attitude to do well in this sport, especially when the opponent is already doing the same thing. If it helps him fight it helps him fight, so......... let'um fight and leave him alone.

In both cases it's like........ damned dude, just let the fuckin' monkey be a monkey; don't ask him to be a giraffe, he's not supposed to be.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
This was the first UFC PPV I've bought in 5 years and I'm so glad I did. The two main events were stellar, especially the women's title fight which was tremendous. Tate winning did shock me, Diaz winning only shocked me more cause of him taking the fight on short notice.