• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

UFC 117 Fight Card- My / Your Pick (Silva vs. Sonnen)

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Hate to admit it but I don't really know any of the names besides Anderson Silva and Matt Hughes...

Anyone you two would advise that I should keep an eye out for?
That's alright!:) You gotta' start somewhere!;)

On this particular fight card, I'd say Anderson Silva, Thiago Alves & an honorable mention to Clay Guida; that guy gives it his all and puts on an awesome show every single time he enters the Octagon.:bow:
------
Weird coincidence, lol! Well what's this Silva's game like?
What BigBob said and this:

Anderson "The Spider" Silva is an ex PRIDE fighter. He holds a black belt in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu under "Big Nog"...(aka: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, which is another :bow: fighter in the UFC). Anderson's other fighting styles consist of: Muay Thai, Boxing, Capoeria, Judo & Tae Kwon Do.

His cardio is amazing and his fights are flawless.
...He pretty much makes every single person who fights him look like amateurs, even the Vets of the sport.
------
P.S. Roy "Big Country" Nelson is another guy to watch; don't let his beer belly fool you, he's the real deal. He KO'ed Stephen Struve in the first round a few months back.

(both are on this fight card but fighting other people).
------
ahhh! I found a vid for you to watch! :)
...Look how tall Struve is!:laugh:

Nelson vs. Struve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjOVJC8xDa0&feature=related

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
That fight shouldn't have been called at that moment IMO. Big Country would've won period, but it shouldn't have been called so soon.

Also, he wasn't talking about Anderson Silva Cup, he was talking about Thiago when we were talking about the Thiago Silva fight.

Last edited:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
That fight shouldn't have been called at that moment IMO. Big Country would've won period, but it shouldn't have been called so soon.

Also, he wasn't talking about Anderson Silva Cup, he was talking about Thiago when we were talking about the Thiago Silva fight.
Mazzagatti syndrome, amirite?

ahhh! Thiago!!! One of the best out there, imo.

@ Unity: His style: Muay Thai and a purple belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu.
...He lost against GSP last year but only by UD.

BigBob

Registered Member
Hmm, I didn't know Big Country's fight was to determine the number 1 contender for the Heavyweight title. IMO, either way, it'll be a 1 round win for Lesnar. You know he's training to get stronger again, and how to beat someone like Carwin (not seeing either of these guys are like him, because neither are).

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Hmm, I didn't know Big Country's fight was to determine the number 1 contender for the Heavyweight title. IMO, either way, it'll be a 1 round win for Lesnar. You know he's training to get stronger again, and how to beat someone like Carwin (not seeing either of these guys are like him, because neither are).
There are talks that Lesnar vs. Velasquez may happen as soon as UFC 119.

BigBob

Registered Member
There are talks that Lesnar vs. Velasquez may happen as soon as UFC 119.
Like I said in the other thread, the only two people I see not getting lucky in beating Lesnar is Cain and Carwin.

My problem with Lesnar, every time someone throws a punch at him, regardless of who it is.. when he goes up to block, he always looks scared. I don't know if it's just the way he blocks, but he just seems to be scared when a punch is thrown at him.

He's defiantly going to be working on staying on his feet and not backing up every time he gets hit. He needs to learn to bob-and-weave.

I still can't wait to see Anderson Silva wreck Sonnen.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I don't know if you've noticed this, but Tito Ortiz is like that, too.
...Maybe Lesnar doesn't like to get punched in the face???

Is it just me or does Sonnen seem like a complete and total cock?

BigBob

Registered Member
I don't know if you've noticed this, but Tito Ortiz is like that, too.
...Maybe Lesnar doesn't like to get punched in the face???
Thing with both of them, they could both take the biggest punches from both of them. I don't know if it's just the way the react to a punch, but it worries me sometimes.

Is it just me or does Sonnen seem like a complete and total cock?
Defiantly read it as "Is it just me or does Sonnen seem to like the cock?" lmao