UFC 117 Fight Card- My / Your Pick (Silva vs. Sonnen)

Discussion in 'Boxing / MMA' started by storm_ina_C_cup, Jul 5, 2010.

1. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

This aughta' be a good card, too!:nod:

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen - I wouldn't be surprized if Chael Sonnen won but I'm an Anderson Silva fan so I'm going with him

John Fitch vs. Thiago Alves - <3 Thiago Alves. Though this is going to be a good match; could go either way but I'm going to say Thiago will probably walk away with the W

Clay Guida vs. Rafael Dos Anjos

Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida - though I could be wrong???

Roy Nelson vs. Junior Dos Santos - ? could go either way

Thiago Silva vs. Tim Boetsch -

Dustin Hazelett vs. Rick Story

Stefan Struve vs. Christian Morecraft

Johnny Hendricks vs. Charlie Brenneman

Ben Saunders vs. Dennis Hallman

Rodney Wallace vs. Stanislav Nedkov - ? don't know about either guy

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

It seems like a card where you just know what's going to happen.

I hope Silva wins big.

I'm sure Junior Dos Santos will win though, but I'm not stuck with him being up on the Heavyweight list with Cain, Carwin and Lesnar. Any 3 of those fights IMO would just tear him apart.

3. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

haha, Those are the best kind! You usually walk away scratching your head! :D

I've underestimated "Big Country" in the past; I'm not going to do it again. He holds his own in the cage and like I said, I could definitely see this going either way.

But I agree with you, Dos Santos doesn't quite hang with the big guys in the HW division.

4. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Hate to admit it but I don't really know any of the names besides Anderson Silva and Matt Hughes...

Anyone you two would advise that I should keep an eye out for?

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Thiago Silva and Struve. Struve is fucking 6'11 and what not. Everyone who gets into the ring with him is at a physical disadvantage.

6. Unity

It'll be interesting to see such a huge guy competing, and how his opponent does or doesn't adapt.

Is Thiago's style typical of the Silva family?

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I actually don't believe Silva has any relationship to the others, like Wanderlei and that. So no.

8. Unity

Weird coincidence, lol! Well what's this Silva's game like?

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

He usually knocks his opponents out in the first round and can take them out with either hand and his legs. His only 2 loses in the UFC are from the best in the division by Evans and Machida.

10. Unity

Sounds like an impressive dude! Does this Tim Boetch bring anything to the table that could take him out?