• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

UFC 115 Fight Card- My / Your Pick

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Well, I find that Rich Franklin up against Chuck Liddell will be far more interesting...(if that's even the right word?:shifteyes:) than that of Tito Ortiz vs. Chuck Liddell. Chuck's past his prime and Tito. . .well, Tito should have retired years ago. At least Rich Franklin still has a bit of gas and fight left in him to put on a half decent show.

Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin

Mirco Cro Cop vs. Pat Barry - ??? could go either way

Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann - ??? could go either way

Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel

Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham

Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman

David Loiseau vs. Mario Miranda

James Wilks vs. Peter Sobotta

Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick - ??? could go either way

Mike Pyle vs. Jesse Lennox - ??? could go either way

Anyone want to post their 115 pick?

Anyone?

Anyone?

:D

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Do not click on spoiler if you haven't seen the fights

I have to say, I was extremely happy to see "vintage Cro Cop" back in the octagon; I think he needed this fight to put him back on track, mentally. His conditioning looked alright, much better than it has in the past few fights so I'm hoping he sticks with it.

Pat Barry needed to learn a lesson, I think... That he's not invincible and he's to never go into the octagon and underestimate his opponent just because of his age.

Overall, I think Pat Barry's a good fighter, just needs to work on his ground game.

The fight between Rich and Chuck was bittersweet. I saw this happening a mile off but didn't see the KO coming, so hats off to Rich with his uppercut. . .and continuing to fight with a broken forearm.

As far as Chuck goes, he looked great; haven't seen him look that good in years. He kept up with the pace; fought a good first round but was unlucky to get caught with an uppercut that put him to sleep in less than 8 seconds in the first round. I actually could have seen this fight go the distance. Now, lets hope Chuck throws in the towel for good.