UFC 112 Fight Card- My / Your pick

Discussion in 'Boxing / MMA' started by storm_ina_C_cup, Mar 30, 2010.

1. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I'm sure you've noticed, but I totally fail at Coping & Pasting matches. In advance I apologize if they're not lined up correctly with the events, etc.:embarassed:

Main Event:
    Anderson Silva vs. Demian Maia

Post-Main Event:

BJ Penn vs. Frankie Edgar

Fight Card:

Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie - not a huge fan of Matt Hughes but I don't know very much about Renzo Gracie as a Mixed Martial Artist.

Terry Etim vs. Rafael Dos Anjos - could go either way.

Kendall Grove vs. Mark Munoz - can't stand Kendall Grove therefore I'm choosing Mark Munoz.

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Phil Davis

Paul Taylor vs. John Gunderson

Nick Osipczak vs. Rick Story

DaMarques Johnson vs. Brad Blackburn - can't stand DaMarques Johnson either, so going for Brad Blackburn.

Paul Kelly vs. Matt Veach

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought Hughes Retired?

I was always a fan of him back in the double digit UFC days.

3. storm_ina_C_cup

He took a break I think to write his Autobiography if I'm not mistaken? Anyway, he's back, but I don't know for how long? I think his impressive Matt Hughes days are pretty much dust in the wind and I'm sure if he loses this fight against Renzo, he'll throw in the towel and call it a day.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about Renzo apart that he's a Gracie, Do you?

You know, I used to like Matt Hughes but you see, I'm all about personality- if I don't like it, I'm not going to like you as a fighter no matter how good you are. It must be a girl thing?:lol::embarassed:

I thought Matt Hughes was a twat on TUF... Almost as bad as Ken Shamrock and I used to be a huge fan of Ken Shamrock back in the early days of UFC. Then one day he became a TUF coach and opend his mouth. I can't stand him now.:lol::embarassed:

4. storm_ina_C_cup

wtf Anderson Silva???
    ...Anyone see his fight against Damian Maia Saturday? :shifteyes::shifteyes::shifteyes:

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I saw it and he destroyed the guy, but a lot of people are mad because he's show boating all the time. He's the best at what he does, and it's to easy for him. But with that being said I would love to see him and GSP go at it, see if he show boats or takes it easy in that fight.

storm_ina_C_cup likes this.
  6. storm_ina_C_cup

I think Anderson went quite easy on Maia compared to other fighters he's been up against in the past.

I respect Anderson Silva as a Mixed Martial Artist, he's one of my favs and I agree that fighting comes natural and very easy to him and I'm sure he's quite bored with the opponents he's been going up against for the last few years, I'm mean they're just not up to his caliber but him show-boating was bullshit. His humble approach and attitude is subsiding. Demian Maia is a legit fighter and to me, that was a total disrespect towards him. I don't like that crap at all.

I, too, am very much looking forward to a possible fight between Silva and GSP but my bet will be with Silva winning. GSP knows he'd be up against thee best of the best so he's going to be extremely hard on himself, not only that, GSP's an emotional fighter, if his emotions get the best of him it could easily screw things up for him. Anderson Silva is neither hard on himself or emotional- he's an extremely calm and confidant fighter all around.
    ------
    Oh, and is it just me or did Rochelle Leah's face look different???

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010