• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

UEFA Champions League '10-11

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Today was the draw for the Group Stage.

Group A
Internazionale
Werder Bremen
Tottenham
Twente

Group B
Lyon
Benfica
Schalke 04
Hapoel Tel Aviv

Group C
Manchester United
Valencia
Rangers
Bursaspor

Group D
Barcelona
Panathinaikos
Copenhagen
Rubin Kazan

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Group E
Bayern Munich
Roma
Basel
CFR Cluj

Group F
Chelsea
Marseille
Spartak Moscow
Žilina

Group G
AC Milan
Real Madrid
Ajax
Auxerre

Group H
Arsenal
Shakhtar Donetsk
Braga
Partizan

First matchday is September 14-15.

So what do you guys think? Who will make it out of the groups? Any surprises?

Danno

Registered Member
Difficult draw for Tottenham but I think all four English clubs will qualify from those groups.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Inter and Tottenham in group A
Lyon and Benfica in B
United and Rangers in C
Barca and Kazan in D
Bayern and Roma in E
Chelsea and Marseille in F
Madrid and Milan in G
Arsenal and Braga in H

Danno

Registered Member
Inter and Tottenham in group A
Lyon and Benfica in B
United and Rangers in C
Barca and Kazan in D
Bayern and Roma in E
Chelsea and Marseille in F
Madrid and Milan in G
Arsenal and Braga in H
I'd go with that except I think it will be Man Utd and Valancia from Group C and Arsenal and Shakhtar from Group H.

As much as I want Tottenham to go through with Inter, they will do well to finish ahead of Werder Bremen.

MisterT

Registered Member
I cant beleive how easy Barcelonas group is

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Group B is full of mediocre teams. Absolutely looking forward to Group G ripper games! Happy with United's draw, not fussed by Valencia to be honest.

Good to see a Serbian team in there, tough draw for them.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Group A : Internazionale and Werder Bremen
Group B : Lyon and Benfica
Group C : Man U and Valencia
Group D : Barcelona and Rubin Kazan
Group E : Bayern Munich and Roma
Group F : Chelsea and Marseille
Group G : AC Milan and Real Madrid
Group H : Arsenal and Partizan

I am not too familiar with all the teams, so some of these are just guesses really, like Partizan(?). After hearing the line ups for Barcelona, Internazionale and Real Madrid, I almost want to say these will be the teams to beat for this league. I am well excited for this league!! :)

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Partizan are the champions of Serbia (as much as I hate to say it since I support Red Star Belgrade, the rivals of Partizan) I really hope they do well for the sake of Serbian football. But I don't see Partizan advancing to be honest, their main thing will be to finish second and I can see Shakhtar doing that with Arsenal taking first. But then again, Arsenal tends to choke.

Last edited:

MisterT

Registered Member
Partizan are the champions of Serbia (as much as I hate to say it since I support Red Star Belgrade, the rivals of Partizan) I really hope they do well for the sake of Serbian football. But I don't see Partizan advancing to be honest, their main thing will be to finish second and I can see Shakhtar doing that with Arsenal taking first. But then again, Arsenal tends to choke.

Looking at the group Partizan have a good chance in going through to the knock out stages. Arsenal are the main threat for top of that table