• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

U2

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Of all the bands to come out of the 80s New Wave/Post Punk/Alternative scene, who would have thought that U2 would be the most prolific? They're still going at it more than 30 years later.

Personally I don't like anything they've done since Achtung Baby, but I'm impressed that they're still going strong. I loved their early albums; I still listen to them from time to time, particularly October and The Unforgettable Fire.

P.S. I was thinking about making this thread long before CO's fightin' words comment in the Scorsese vs. Coppola vs. Tarantino thread :p

Impact

V.I.P.
Honestly, I can't stand U2. Not only do I think Bono is a pretentious prick, but I also don't really like his voice either.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I like U2 quite a bit. I agree that their old stuff is the best, but I think All That You Can't Leave Behind is a quality album as well.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree Bono is a pretentious prick, but I think The Joshua Tree is one of the best albums ever and Where the Streets Have No Name is one of the best songs ever written, in my opinion.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've never been the biggest U2 fan out there, but now and then they make a song I love. They are actually coming to South Africa in exactly a month - 13th February - for their 360 tour. I won't be here, but even if I thought I would be here, I would not have spent money on their overpriced tickets. Of course, they were sold out the same day ticketing opened, despite having the most expensive tickets ever sold for a concert in SA. So kudos to them for having die hard fans.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Must you really not help get that With or Without You song outta my head? :lol:

I like U2 but I'm not a fan fan, like some of my friends. I'm not updated about what's happening to them although I know about their last youtube live concert. I wish I could have seen it.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
All That You Can't Leave Behind is my favorite album ( i think its a HUGE step to say best album ever), and I listen to it occassionally, but I've never been a huge fan of them. But I think I'm right in saying they are fairly over rated, considering non of their players are outstanding or particularly unique (except for Edge's effects).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't like their new stuff either, but their old stuff is really good. I wouldn't put them in my top ten bands of all-time, but I wouldn't have a problem putting them in my top twenty. Bono has a great voice and Edge is a good guitarist. I have to say that Where the Streets have no name is the best song they've ever made.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
And I still haven't found what I'm looking for.... I still like their old album "The Joshua Tree" the most.