U.S. Unveils New $100 Bill

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
It looks pretty neat. I wonder if it will be made of plastic like a lot of other currency.

YouTube - $100 Note Unveiling Video

The U.S. government today unveiled the design for a new $100 bill that includes several anti-counterfeiting security measures.

The bill, which replaces one designed in 1996, will begin circulating in February 2011.

The design was presented today by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

A 3-D security ribbon on the front contains images of bells and 100s that move and change as you tilt the note.

The bell in the inkwell changes color from copper to green, which makes it seem to appear and disappear.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
A 3-D security ribbon on the front contains images of bells and 100s that move and change as you tilt the note.
That would be cool if they can make Franklin wink at you. I rarely have a $100 on me but hopefully that will stop the counterfeiters.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That looks pretty cool actually. I really like the blue 3d security bar. It makes it look really high tech.

I can't wait to get my hands on 10,000 of them! :nod:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Wait, are you talking about U.S. paper money?
No. A lot of world currency is made with plastic, actually it's more of a synthetic polymer. Australia comes to mind as one. So does Brunei. I have some upstairs somewhere that I collected from all my travels.

Last edited:

anmracing

Registered Member
It would be nice if I could see a $100 in my hands but unfortunately that will never happen so all I can do is look at the pictures and drool..... LOL!!!!!