• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

U.S. refinery strike

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
(Reuters) - The United Steelworkers union said on Saturday the strike by U.S. refinery workers is expanding to two more plants early on Sunday due to unfair labor practices by oil companies.

Union says U.S. refinery strike widened; cites unfair labor practices | Reuters
Guess everyone has noticed the price of gas going up and this is why. I wish they would get this strike settled before the price of gas gets too high. Right now its at $1.93 a gallon here but I look for it to be more the next time I am in town.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The worst part is that the oil companies will probaly use all this stuff to keep the gas prices up. They already have a reason because strikes but when the strikes are over they may say that concessions are keeping the prices up.
But I do agree that safety for the workers is a serious issue. I just hope it doesnt cause a huge spike in gas prices.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Gas is creeping back up, here its at $2.12 now and I look for it to get even higher. All we need now is for the Saudi's and others to cut back on production. Which I'm not sure if prices going up is all the strikers fault or speculators.

I agree worker safety is a concern, I just hope they get things worked out soon. I'm surprised the government doesn't force them back to work like they do with the railroads.