• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

U.S. Marines Urinating On Corpses Video

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Inflammatory video of several US Marines urinating on the corpses of Taliban fighters has been uploaded to the internet. In the video, a soldier exclaims “Have a great day, buddy.” “You got it on the video?” someone asks. “Golden — like a shower!” another jokes, as the group desecrates the bodies.

U.S. Marines Urinating on Corpses | Taliban | Video | Mediaite

I wanted to know your thoughts about this. Do you think this is a disgusting act, or you don't have a problem with it since the person is already dead.

Thoughts?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
They just killed them, right? So killing them is OK, but don't piss on them?

What's next?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Regardless of whether they are dead or not, it's morally wrong to do something like that. It also gives the Marines a bad name. I'm appalled. They are serving to protect our country, and that just gave us a bad name.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I don't have a problem with it. I do have a problem with them filming it though, how stupid can people be? If you're going to do stuff like this, do it & move on... don't make a video of it that will more than likely haunt you down the line.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
@ KSF: It's morally wrong to piss on someone that was just trying to kill you and that you just killed first? That gives you a bad name? With whom, the enemy? Do you know what they do do their prisoners? Do you know they film killing Americans and celebrate it?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
They just killed them, right? So killing them is OK, but don't piss on them?

What's next?
This guy is 100% right.

Regardless of whether they are dead or not, it's morally wrong to do something like that. It also gives the Marines a bad name. I'm appalled. They are serving to protect our country, and that just gave us a bad name.
This guy is 100% right.

I don't have a problem with it. I do have a problem with them filming it though, how stupid can people be? If you're going to do stuff like this, do it & move on... don't make a video of it that will more than likely haunt you down the line.
And this guy is 100% right.

War is hell and the guys that take part in it are mean s-o-b's. Anyone dumb enough to film what goes on behind enemy lines deserves to be punished.

(and that new multi-quote feature is pretty cool)

Wade8813

Registered Member
What they did is illegal. And stupid. And doesn't accomplish anything except serve as propaganda for people fighting against us. We'd be upset if Taliban videotaped themselves urinating on US Soldiers after killing them.

Interestingly enough, I can't think of a single instance off the top of my head where Taliban have done anything to American's corpses. We seem willing to do that to ourselves though (Dover Air Force Base). But even if they had, I'm pretty sure using their actions as an excuse for us to act similarly makes absolutely no sense - the whole point is NOT acting like them.

PS - We've always had multi-quote.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I cannot stand the argument that because terrorists do something, it's OK for "us" to do the same.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
At the risk of sounding arrogant and being labeled some kind of bigot, my feelings on this are we are Americans, and we're better than they are. They can act a certain way and do certain things that we find repulsive, that doesn't mean we should respond in kind. They are the US military, specifically US Marines, they should conduct themselves in a more appropriate manner than how the terrorists they just killed would act.

Iris

rainbow 11!
At the risk of sounding arrogant and being labeled some kind of bigot, my feelings on this are we are Americans, and we're better than they are. They can act a certain way and do certain things that we find repulsive, that doesn't mean we should respond in kind. They are the US military, specifically US Marines, they should conduct themselves in a more appropriate manner than how the terrorists they just killed would act.
I agree with this completely, though I wouldn't say we ARE better than them, but we should definitely be the bigger person. I find that kind of behavior appalling and I truly hope they get a fitting punishment. Not only does it shed bad light on the marines, but, like wade mentioned earlier, that gives propaganda for people against the war.

Another thing, I feel as though they should act with maturity and conduct themselves in a professional manner as they represent the United States. Even if they ARE the people trying to kill us, have some respect and decency. I'm not saying give them an elaborate funeral, but don't piss on their corpses either. jesus fucking christ.