• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Types of Sellers

karenlyn

Registered Member
I was just shopping for makeup online and I realized that I was only looking at the products by power sellers with a huge selection-- the people who buy wholesale and resell. I just don't like the idea of buying a piece of makup without the box from someone who bought the wrong thing, or may have used some, etc.

Are there any types of products that you don't like to buy from smaller, personal sellers?

eldragon

No, I'll buy from anyone who has good feedback. Power sellers do not offer personalized service, at least some of them don't. And huge sellers never answer questions and if they send the wrong item - too bad!

palefrost

Registered Member
I dont mind the big power seller businesses on ebay. I buy my hair dye from one and the service is good and i dont have to worry about the transaction.

I like buying childrens clothing from power sellers instead of a mom who is trying to sell old cloths because they take it more serious and have it all together with the shipping and packing.

Melos

Registered Member
I don't particularly look at the type of seller it is, only the positive to negative feedback percentage and what price they are offering me. I wouldn't buy anything like makeup, unsealed skin creams etc, food products, vitamins... off of Ebay. It just feels sketchy to me.

SouthernGal

Registered Member
I pay most attention to the feedback. Now, I do want the seller to have more than 20+ transactions so I know they know what they are doing. But, I don't necessarily want to only buy from a 'power seller'.

I find I sometimes get more personalized service from a smaller seller.

But, I *always* pay attention to feedback! I read it closely, and want to see most that the item was shipped quickly.

karenlyn

Registered Member
For most items, I'll buy from anyone, too. But for some items --in this case, a personal item with hygiene issues-- I prefer to buy from a large seller who probably gets the item wholesale in bulk and therefore won't have used it.

Maybe I'm not trusting enough?

Melos

Registered Member
I can see where you are coming from karenlyn. I don't wear makeup, but I would feel better buying it from a reseller of wholesale merchandise than just some randome person.

Plumley

Registered Member
Maybe because I remember an eBay without power sellers I still look for the smaller sellers. I've always gotten the best deals from people who were cleaning their closets or selling gifts they didn't like. Usually I make my final decision based on description, shipping costs and feedback, regardless of how big the operation is.

SouthernGal

Registered Member
You know.. I think I sometimes go to the 'smaller seller' as well because I see it as the David vs. Goliath. It is similar to how I go to a quaint speciality childrens bookstore instead of a big chain. I want to help them stay in business.

Guess I do that with smaller sellers sometimes, too. I want to help them make it in the Ebay world, too!

karenlyn

Registered Member
I guess I never thought about it that way, but it really is similar to the way I also decide to go to smaller, privately-owned stores instead of, say, Walmart.

But isn't it true that some powersellers are also just private sellers who move a large amount of material?