Tyler Black

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

As with my recent thread on Kiyoshi, I wanted to start a discussion about an ROH wrestler - Tyler Black.

Lately he's been feuding with Austin Aries (who we've already established reeks of awesomeness) for the title.

I've been making note of this guy since he broke off from his former tag team partner (forget the name, it was right when ROH started on HDnet); he seems to have what it takes. Good mic skills, good in ring talent. More than Kiyoshi (who I just like as a personal favorite), I could easily see this guy getting called up to TNA or WWE to be a big mid-card player.

Thoughts on Tyler Black and his future?

2. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I thought he was great when they were doing The Age Of The Fall gimmick with Jimmy Jacobs and various others.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Tyler Black is a very good wrestler. He's got a great moveset, great look, extremely agile, BUT he really doesn't impress me on the mic. That for me is a major downside to Black.

I'm surprised ROH haven't put the belt on him already. He had a lot of momentum behind him recently and i think he probably should have won it at Final Battle 2009. As much as i love Austin Aries and i love Aries being champ, it's just damaging to Black that he's been labelled as "next world champ" for probably a bit too long now. Cabana seems to now be winning some of the momentum that Black had recently.

I definitely wouldn't rate Black above Aries or Richards, and i might not even rate him above Kenny King or Kenny Omega, i'm not sure if he'd make my top 5 in ROH at all, but for some reason i see Black as the most likely person to next be picked up by WWE or TNA. Maybe it's just because he's got the look. He's only 23 aswell so he's got unlimited potential.

4. Unity

Yeah, he's got plenty of time to sharpen his mic and in-ring abilities. I see a bright future for this guy.

5. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

A bit of news that might interest some

Tyler Black beat Austin Aries in the main event to win the ROH heavyweight title tonight at the Manhattan Center. More to come.

6. Unity

Awesome. I kind of figured that would happen :)

7. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

About time! Though i think they should have done it a while ago while he had a bit more momentum behind him.

There's a lot of people out there who don't think Black is deserving of the belt and i can see him having a run very similiar to Nigel. He's gonna have to prove that he's a worthy champion after winning the belt.