Two Women Switched at Birth by Accident

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Mirage, May 11, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

They are both 56 years old now and have obviously lived out a large portion of their lives. Interestingly enough they should have lived each others lives instead of their own. It turns out they were switched at birth.

Oregon Women Switched at Birth Learn of Mistake 56 Years Later - Incredible Health - FOXNews.com

Very interesting. It's good that they are able to brush it off and have a good laugh about it. I'm sure at this point it's more of an interesting tidbit than anything to really worry about. Still kind of a weird thing to think about, that this has actually happened. Makes you wonder how many other people this has happened to by accident who never found out.

2. n3wt

n3wt Registered Member

This is absolutly astonishing its one of the storys that you think of becasue of movies but it is crazy to think these women and the familys have been living thier lives as if nothing is different, its amazing.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I hope none of them has fallen for a cousin and just didn't marry because of being supposedly related. :lol:

Maybe if their lives have been extremely different from each other (and they had issues with their own) and if they hated their relatives, they would feel more regret about the switch.

4. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I'd think I would be more emotional about this. But, how did they not notice before? They looked nothing like the people in their families?

5. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

It has been probably difficult for them. I do wonder if friends and relatives questioned the appearances. But I think both women became apart of their families even though they weren't biologically related.