Two wheels are sometimes better than four!

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
So bicycles. That's what this thread is about! How many of you guys ride bikes. Is it just for fun? Do you use them as transportation? Whats the farthest or longest you've ever biked? Any long bike trips planned? what kind of bike do you have? How do you percieve biking? Is it a nuisance for drivers or good for the environment? Non bikers, what's your opinion on bikers? I wanna hear everything you have to say about biking. Please no one sentence responses. Lets get some discussion going here =P

I have a simple mountain bike. 26"x2" tires. front shocks, oversized tube frame. It's about 8 years old. I'm hoping to get a new bike this year. Aiming to spend somewhere between 500 and 700 bucks. I want to do a bike trip on a long weekend from Winnipeg to Kenora. It's about 120 miles. I bike about 10 miles an hour on average. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower etc. Depends on conditions. So I've alotted about 10-15 hours to get there. Providing I can get a new bike this summer =P I use my bike mainly for travel right now. Just to get around the city. Farthest I've ever biked was about 35-40 miles. Took about 3 hours. And then I had to bike home later that day =P So another 35-40 miles, another 3 hours =P

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I can't really start the discussion as I have no bike.
I used to ride when I got my first and only bike at the age of 5. Started off with extra wheels at the back for support and my brothers "cruelly" took one of at a time in different periods to get me to ride without the extra help. Since I out grew the bike I haven't gone riding since.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I have a Haro mountain bike, which is apparently pretty nice. It's got front shocks, too many gears for me to bother, and a small but comfortable seat. I plan on keeping this one for the rest of my life. I only use it to travel within the neighborhood or ride around the park. I don't do serious traveling on my bike.

Bikes are great! I always wanted to save up money and go on a cross country tour from Maine back here to California someday. I checked the Internet and they said the cost can be anywhere from $1000 to $5000. I got a ways to go before I can accomplish that dream.

I would love to ride a bike to work only if they had more bike racks. Currently a lot of business are weeding them out since they look ugly or because they get no use. I don't think many people would ride them, though since many people are too proud to ride around on one.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I haven't rode a bike in ages, since about September last year, the tire popped and never had a chance to replace it.

Turbo

Registered Member
i have a kickass wheelchair that will use any standard bicycle as speed bumps...4 wheels 4 life........literally

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I would love to ride a bike to work only if they had more bike racks. Currently a lot of business are weeding them out since they look ugly or because they get no use. I don't think many people would ride them, though since many people are too proud to ride around on one.
That's a shame. I'm working for an architect who loves bikes and does whatever he can to promote the idea of riding bikes for pleasure and the idea of a commute for bikes.
But we live on the other side of the globe so it won't help you much.