• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Two Rookie of the Year awards?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
What are your thoughts on having two separate rookie of the year awards in each league every year? It's so hard to compare pitchers to hitters when it comes down to this award. How do you compare ERA to batting average? It's tough.

The only downside I see for that is a lack of GOOD candidates...it might water down the awards.

Thoughts?

Wade8813

Registered Member
I wouldn't really mind having to RoY awards, but switching just feels odd to me. If we'd always had one for batters and one for pitchers, it'd be one thing, but for some reason changing it makes it feel like the award doesn't have the same meaning for the recipients.

Although really, I don't care about the RoY nearly as much as other awards (since they only have to compete against other rookies)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 0
B NFL 4
K NBA 2
C Hockey 13
N Baseball 6