Xbox 360 Two more Halo Games from Bungie?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Its not joke about TPS's differing from FPS's... The jump from COD4 to SOCOM on the PS3 is a painful one if you ask me. Just the view and control swap was enough to drive me insane.

Its to bad that Bungie thought they could make that much of a change to such a successful franchise, but meh... I guess thats what happens right.

However! I have a sneaking suspicion that the Halo RTS wont be so bad... I dunno maybe theres some hidden faith I have in the Microsoft system that may make a Consol RTS actually worth playing.

Obviously being a PS3 owner... I wont have the luxury of either of these experiences, but regardless I'm still interested in seeing how it all plays out.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Both game's are first person shooters.

I have not idea where you are getting that one is an RTS and the other is a Third Person Shooter.

ODST is a confirmed first person shooter (been so for awhile if you actually watch the trailer you would notice that).

Reach is the prequel to the Halo trilogy and is also a FPS. It should be interesting because if anyone else read the novels the events that transpire is the destruction of the most power human colony in space. The Reach battle station was the last stronghold before earth.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
So they're making another RTS game besides Halo Wars? I don't know why...because most people I talk to didn't like Halo Wars.
------
Both game's are first person shooters.

I have not idea where you are getting that one is an RTS and the other is a Third Person Shooter.

ODST is a confirmed first person shooter (been so for awhile if you actually watch the trailer you would notice that).

Reach is the prequel to the Halo trilogy and is also a FPS. It should be interesting because if anyone else read the novels the events that transpire is the destruction of the most power human colony in space. The Reach battle station was the last stronghold before earth.
I've seen them in the library and have thought of reading them. Have you?

Last edited:

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
So they're making another RTS game besides Halo Wars? I don't know why...because most people I talk to didn't like Halo Wars.
------

I've seen them in the library and have thought of reading them. Have you?

OMG they are both FPS. Neither game is an RTS!

I read the Halo Novels. If you dont play the Campaigns to any of the Halo games Anita you probably wouldnt care for the novels... But I will say the Fall of Reach was a great book.

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the idea of a Halo RTS definitely has potential. The fact that it's on a console however is where the problem lies. Maybe just maybe they will pull it off and somehow they will create an RTS that only requires minimal controls, but every good RTS I've played has so many buttons that even learning it on a PC with a keyboard was a task in itself.

I think StarCraft II is going to beat out the Halo RTS hands down. If Bungie releases a PC version then perhaps it could be good but as an Xbox to PC port I wouldn't expect them to add much extra buttons. The game is bound to feel like you are missing important functions and it likely won't appeal to the diehard RTS crowd. Diehard RTS gamers are PC gamers, for one. Diehard Halo gamers are Xbox gamers who have probably never played an RTS in their lives.

I'm not too sure who Bungie is even marketing this game to.

As for the third person Halo, there are plenty of console gamers who are familiar with such games. Probably not many Halo gamers though. From what I've seen, Halo gamers play Halo and just Halo. Every so often they branch off to other FPS games. There is nothing wrong with sticking to the FPS genre. I do it myself for the most part. I just can't see a big enough percentage of Halo fans enjoying a third person version of it, let alone an RTS version.
------
EDIT: Ok, so the second one appears to be a FPS/TPS mix. Maybe you can play it entirely as an FPS, who knows.

As for the RTS game, even if it does have FPS aspects, the idea of an RTS does not directly mix with a FPS. Maybe you can control soldiers on the ground or something in FPS view but as for setting everything up it will likely feel clunky if you ask me, if it's running a true RTS engine.

Unless Halo: Reach is something entirely different than Halo Wars?

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
OMG they are both FPS. Neither game is an RTS!

I read the Halo Novels. If you dont play the Campaigns to any of the Halo games Anita you probably wouldnt care for the novels... But I will say the Fall of Reach was a great book.
OMG!!

I posted the first bit before I saw your post. They were only 1 minute apart...well, you can't tell that because auto merging posts on this site fails.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
So I just had a look on Wikipedia...

Halo: Reach is an upcoming first-person shooter[1] video game in the Halo series scheduled for release in 2010.
Halo 3: ODST (formerly named Halo 3: Recon)[1] is a standalone expansion for Halo 3, based in the fictional Halo universe
Now can we please stop talking bollocks and do a little moar research?