Two Moons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Godfearingsecular, Aug 26, 2007.

1. My wife sent me an email from her work about a month ago telling me about a special day, today I think where Mars would be closer to earth than it will be in 280 years if you miss it tonight... Her reference claimed that some places on earth it would look like there were two moons... so when it gets dark check out the sky...

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I have a telescope, so this should be awesome.

3. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

I shall be on my porch or in the car tonite looking at the sky then, if the darn lights from the town don't block the stars out AGAIN:censored:

280 years....geez I can't even think what generation my family will be in then >.>;

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Damn. I wish I wasn't in a big city during times like these.

5. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Ugh, were having a thunderstorm and the freaking clouds are blocking the sky! >.<; Man, I wish this storm came some other time or right after I saw the two moons ;_;

6. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

That's no moon. It's a space station.

7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

8. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

9. Well, I asked my wife about the email she sent me from her work and she just sent me the original email and, as it turns out I was a day off... it is supposed to be today or tonight... here is a coyp of the email:

I don't know if it is a big deal or not.... I did a google with mars earth August 2007 and some of links were provided... there is also a link for dec. 07?

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

no, it's not true. mars won't be as close to earth as it was 4 years ago. and it will never be close enough to earth to look like the full moon to the naked eye - key words. it has been and will be close enough to look like that with a 75x telescope, though.

it's still cool, just not exactly what the email says it will be.